[OPEN BETA] Litchi Pilot

March 2024 UPDATE: The Litchi Pilot beta’s version history can be viewed at: What's new - Litchi

December 2023 UPDATE: We have just launched the Litchi Pilot Open Beta, access to the beta is no longer restricted! Read below to install Litchi Pilot

Say hello to Litchi Pilot, a brand new app we have been working on to support the latest DJI drones. While it’s still early days, we are happy to announce that the Litchi Pilot BETA starts today!

At this stage, Litchi Pilot supports planning and executing waypoint flights. More flight modes will be added at a later stage.

Litchi Pilot is compatible the following drones:

• Mini 3
  • Mini 3 Pro
  • Mavic 3E
  • Mavic 3T

Unsupported hardware:

• Mini 4, Air 3 and Mavic 3: there is no SDK for these yet
  • Mini 3’s DJI RC (with built-in screen): it is not possible to install apps on it
  • iPhones and iPads: DJI no longer supports the iOS platform with their latest SDK
  • 32 bits devices (such as Samsung A13, etc): DJI no longer provides 32 bit libraries

20 Likes

Fantastic news sirs. Pulling up a chair to observe developments. My exclusive use of Litchi is waypoint missions, so I am on the edge of my chair here.

2 Likes

the application crashes and crashes and crashes, unfortunately, it doesn’t work

1 Like

Thanks, It works for me : Litchi Pilot DJI Mini 3 Pro 1.0.0_BETA-dji Build 115 - YouTube

5 Likes

Hi, installed without issues. I’m going to spend Sunday executing missions with the mini 3 pro already
successfully flown with the mini 2. GF will surely understand and support it. Adios Amigos! :wink:

1 Like

Crashing is a known problem with the DJI MSDK currently with some Android versions (e.g. 13). Supposedly this will be fixed in the newer version of the MSDK which may be in beta shortly.

4 Likes

Mine is a POCO F4 with Android 13 and it works but I’ll do more tests tomorrow if the weather is good…

2 Likes

During a waypoint mission on the Mini 3 Pro, will the aircraft continue its mission if the signal disconnects?

1 Like

Mini series does not support onboard missions. Currently Litchi Pilot supports “Joystick mode” mission. Onboard missions support will be added for mavic 3 enterprise series in a future update

3 Likes

No. Mini 3 Pro is a VSC drone. It relies on signal from the controller.

3 Likes

it’s beautiful to look at. I have a completely different experience. this is how the app works for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRDkGwKVxxI

I hope and pray that on-board GPS data storage does come to pass in the near future because with the Plus Battery making possible 47 minutes of flight time per full charge, a Mini 3 could routinely cover 10 to 12 country miles roundtrip on waypoint missions flown beyond RC signal range, which would transform the Mini 3 to DJI’s model with by far the greatest bang for buck bar none.

1 Like

Ever the optimist I would like to add the hopeful qualifier that the Mini 3 is not CURRENTLY able to escape VSC imprisonment, while the future holds promise of better things to come from DJI.

Hi there I have installed OK

First thing if I select a mission to Play but don’t start it how can I back out to the start Litchi Pilot screen?

Second thing I hit the button with the two rotating arrows and selected 48M now it seems to flash between normal and 48MP I also notice 48Mp now shows on the Take Picture button. Is that even supposed to work yet?

It seems to be able to load up missions fine but I have not dared execute one yet until I feel more comfortable with the new app.

Can you give feedback from within the app other then when it first starts? I can’t seem to find a button to action feedback except for then. Also means screenshots the app takes (assume) can’t be taken except for that starting moment when they would all be the same?

Many thanks

Andrew

You’ve got to be the quintessential example of “hope springs eternal” – even when that hope is realistically pretty much zero based on DJI’s historical behavior.

The Litchi-Pilot app crashes when location is turned off.

2 Likes

App crashes seconds after start when location is not active on the mobile device.
Huawei P30 Pro latest FW.

AFAIK active location services and the location permission accepted are required for the DJI MSDK to function.

1 Like

I would be happy to buy the beta today to have it updated later.

Great news! When can I expect to be able to buy the new Litchi Pilot app?