HowTo START Follow and HowTo START Track?

Sorry for the delay but I was blocked yesterday by some weird password problem. It is just solved now by the helpdesk but it rains. I will go outdoors to test soonest and respond later. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay but I was blocked yesterday by some weird password problem. It is just solved now by the helpdesk but it rains. I will go outdoors to test soonest and respond later. However, I started this post since my combi does not act as the manual indicates. Thanks.

I tried Follow once more but nothing happens. The Mini 2 hovers but does not show any activity.

I tried Tracking once more but this time the camera swinged left and right in a 1-seconds tact at some 15 degrees (a lot). It more or less tells all by itself that the answe is no. Several times a message showed up that I (me, myself and I) have to stabelize the camera to get Traking to function. Anyone ?

It is very sunny here in the Algarve, Portugal and the soil inbetween the dry grass is bright orange/yellow. Background is by pinetrees that are brightgreen. Contrast is high. While in the sun I can hardly see anything at the screen except for my bright-blue shirt but the green window-selector does function and locks me.

I turned down the exposure to minus 2.3 and had the impression that helped a little bit, but I still did not manage to get Follow and Track to function.

But I did manage to get the semi-track-trick with the Fly-app Quickshot-Circle mode to work. But then I almost had to run to keep in front of the drone.

Maybe I will do a last test someday when there is much less intense sunlight. But that might easily not going to happen this year ā€¦ For the time being I give up, so thanks for your assistance and inputs.

What smartphone are you using?

Alcatel 1S 2020 bought in october 2021 and with full updates

This is a very weak phone for activetrack. Updates donā€™t always lead to better things. Works well for example galaxy s7

You own(ed) one ? Unfortunately this type of reply is standard when it comes to any phone. The phone works perfect with Fly and all Quickshot-modes, and also with the Fly-QS-Circle-trick. Which actualluy also is active tracking.

If it would not functioning I would have sold the drone, not the phone. Paying ie ā‚¬500 for a drone to then found out that I would have to buy another phone for ie ā‚¬500 is for sure not an option. For Me.

I think you need a phone not for 500, but for 1000 e. :slight_smile:

This is a joke, of course. But in fact, to use litchi, you need not the newest, but a powerful phone with a good video processor and a wifi module. Yours is pretty weak.

This is not smart mode. In this mode, the drone performs a program of flying in a circle around a point on the map. For a drone, the algorithm is very simple and does not require video tracking through a mobile device. And donā€™t forget that litchi is made using dji sdk, and dji fly controls the drone directly.

Thanks, very usefull and appreciated.

Traking Not works on any phone . Select only you, Not background tasks and 1000 e. Phone and track only works about 5 seconds
People at litchi need changue his mind and make a algoritm to detect movememt Not follow pixels because pixels changue color and light with normal movement.

Right now in litchi only works nice follow me ā€¦ For all the rest i need to usĆ© dji fly because i need quick thingsā€¦ And no have time to setup a simple circle with twelve or more questions about a simple circleā€¦

Yesterday I did a new Follow and Track test since it was a bit cloudy so I could maybe get an idea about the influence of the (lesser) lighting. I tested with higher ev and with lower ev but unfortunately I hereby simply copy my former text :

1- I tried Follow once more but (also this time) nothing happened. The Mini 2 hovers but does not show any further activity.
#1 : Follow is not depending on anything optical. Still it does not function at my combi, and I never have any problem with the combi in another app or mode or way.

2- I tried Tracking once more but (also this time) the camera swinged left and right in a 1-seconds tact at some 15 degrees (a lot). It more or less tells all by itself that the answer is (still) no. Several times a message showed up that I (me, myself and I) have to stabelize the camera to get Tracking to function.

#2a: Tracking is depending at the optical system. They say. The swinging of the drone might be the sign the optical system is too weak at my combi. But Why does Litchi tell me that I (me, myself and I) have to stabelize the camera to get Traking to function. HowTo ?

#2b: The DJI Fly-app Quickshots work perfectly. QS might maybe not really use the selectwindow in an optical way but to determine a gps-spotlocation. However, QS-circle is (somewhat) able to Follow a moving subject but it maybe updates the gps-homepoint automatically. Instead of tracking the pixelscolorscombi.

I will never spend a lot of money on any phone, let alone to make (controlling) a drone work. My (very) longtermbudget for a phone is ā‚¬100 per year. My Alcatel 1S 2020 phone with full updates which I bought october 2021 works flawlessly and costed some ā‚¬130. I think it is (relatively spoken, deflation, inflation) the most expensive phone I own(ed) since 2005 or so.

I liked the idea of making a follow- or track-video of myself cycling to my next (unknown) destination in the next (unknown) landscape. However I dislike (ā€¦) the idea of having to return the route (hills) while the drone turns out to still be hovering at my startingpoint. I did create a strapsystem to fix the controller on top of the handlebarbag. But I donā€™t really trust it and I donā€™t really want to look down on my phone anyway and I most lickely wonā€™t see anything on the screen anyway. Especially since my OnTheRoad 4.0 superbicyclecombi weighs 65kgs alltogether in ā€œfulltime cyclist- and emigrantmodeā€.

I have uninstalled the Litch-app since it is not to be for me.

I am having the exact same symptoms. I have a brand new DJI Mini 2, using a Samsung s9+, also using a Samsung S20, same symptoms. Have the latest version of all of the software installed in everything: remote, drone, batteries, phones. When I use tracking, the drone jerks left and right slowly then violently till I stop the track by changing modes. Follow mode does nothing, the drones does not rotate or move at all, just hovers.
I have tried all of the above suggestions in this thread with no success, I would really like to use these features especially since they are the only reason I purchased the app.
Thanks!

Sure u are using follow me Mode?
Not track follow.

With track , first you need to draw a box in. Screen, and after this, you can select Ć³rbit or follow, clicking again in the icon.
Else the dron have a Green box, but no follow or flyā€¦

Here , follow me works Wellā€¦ Need to fill a lot of questions, Not like dji fly and mini 3ā€¦ (With mini 3 you take of , choose follow me, and drone follow meā€¦ Not asking about if need to point at n-nwe or if need 10 meterse or follow terrainā€¦ The drone follow you, no need ask any questionsā€¦

Track does Not works on mini 2
Only look at YouTubeā€¦ No videos with people with Fortuneā€¦ All people said the same, Not worksā€¦ Its a fakeā€¦
You can put a icon with blonde atractionā€¦ Put a radius of how many kilĆ³meters you need for atract local blondesā€¦ And , no, of course does Not worksā€¦

You can hack djifly and move in a qiickshot circle, and yes, djifly track well without errorsā€¦ But litchi can Not make this right now with mini 2

Both work fine here with mini2

Have a look at this topic:

1 Like

Thanks for this info. However.

• With RTH my Mini 2 always lands within 30cms of the takeoff location*.

• Litchi and Fly always count more then 12 satellites, even 16 or 18 or 22. Which is impossible since there are 24 satellites in total and so half of them are not (never) at this side of the globe. It is the reason my real outdoor-gps has a screen to inform on 12 sattelites exactly (only), no more.

• The text of the second link is a joke. ā€œIf the mobile device gps shows a Higher accuracy then this value (ie 10 meters) follow sessions will Fail to startā€ and ā€œif you are having issues with gps accuracy you might want to Increase the default value (of 10 meters)ā€. So you are advised to Increase the default 10 meters to ie 20 meters Minimum accuray to solve issues. Really ? A Higher accurancy means a lesser deviation and fault.

• Any dronesystem with an Inaccuracy (fault, tolerance !) of ie 10 meters should be blocked forever. Regular gps-accuracy* is some 30cms and only strong winds can blow a drone somewhat aside, which is not a matter of less accuracy.

• It seems to me that Litchi messes up the Maximum and Minimum accuracy. Max-Accuracy is ofcourse a smaller absolute number (so with Less Tolerance) then Min-A.

-** I assume there is 1 extra satellite now redirected over europe, dedicated to help Ukrain ā€¦

I have uninstalled the Litch-app some days ago and will not spend more time on any new test anymore.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks for this info. However.

• With RTH my Mini 2 always lands within 30cms of the takeoff location*.

• Litchi and Fly always count more then 12 satellites, even 16 or 18 or 22. Which is impossible since there are 24 satellites in total and so half of them are not (never) at this side of the globe. It is the reason my real outdoor-gps has a screen to inform on 12 sattelites exactly, no more.

• The text of the second link is a joke. ā€œIf the mobile device gps shows a Higher accuracy then this value (ie 10 meters) follow sessions will Fail to startā€ and ā€œif you are having issues with gps accuracy you might want to Increase the defaukt value (of 10 meters)ā€. So you are advised to Increase the default 10 meters to ie 20 meters Minimum accuray to solve issues. Really ? A Higher accurancy means a lesser deviation and fault.

• Any dronesystem with an Inaccuracy (fault, tolerance !) of ie 10 meters should be blocked forever. Regular gps-accuracy* is some 30cms and only strong winds can blow a drone somewhat aside, which is not a matter of less accuracy.

• It seems to me that Litchi messes up the Maximum and Minimum accuracy. Max-Accuracy is ofcourse a smaller absolute number (so with Less Tolerance) then Min-A.

-** I assume there is 1 extra satellite now redirected over europe, dedicated to help Ukrain ā€¦

I have uninstalled the Litch-app some days ago and will not spend more time on any new test anymore.