[OPEN BETA] Litchi Pilot

Good news. Testing it now. Hopefully those who already buy the previous app wont have to pay the COMPLETE price again for the new app!! :handshake: :heavy_dollar_sign:

2 Likes

Agreed. Going back to android (even if only for this specific reason) is out of question. Hopefully the original app won’t abandon iOS for support/updates.
Maven looks like the clear winner now.

No third party iOS apps can support these drones (Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro, new enterprise, etc.) if DJI doesn’t release an iOS MSDK for them. And currently they say they don’t intend to do so.

1 Like

@Carl_spzar , reading the above statement from Litchi, made in the first post in this thread, I think you’ll be out of luck on that one, and so far there is no mention of what the cost will be

2 Likes

Amazing work. I just flew my first mission with DJI Pilot and a Mini Pro 3. I had previously run the mission on a Mavic Pro. It worked quite well with Pilot and the Mini. As others have mentioned, the RTH did not work. I saw no other issues.

3 Likes

Just installed Litchi Pilot 1.0.0_BETA-dji (121). Change notes say added way to load local missions. Has anyone made this work? I still can’t see any local missions created by the Litchi app (unsynced) in the beta app. Thanks!

NO, it says “Added a way to IMPORT a flight plan locally”

What is the difference between load and import in this case? I don’t know of one.

-In Map View tap the folder icon
-In Flight Plans view tap the Import icon (upper-right corner)
-Tap the 3 horizontal lines in the upper-left corner
-Scroll a little down and tap on the phone icon (below “Downloads”)
-Navigate to: \Android\data\com.aryuthere.visionplus\files\missions\__users\[user-ID]
-Tap on the mission to import.
You can only import a mission once, when you modify it in Litchi you have to save it with another name to be able to import the modified mission.

2 Likes

This works, with an important proviso. As previously noted, on an unrooted phone or without using an app designed to access files in \Android\data, the file picker won’t be able to reach that file. However, using an appropriate app to copy the file to Downloads, I was able to use the file picker to load a mission successfully in the Beta from that Downloads folder where I copied the mission file.

1 Like

could you add the support for Mini 3/3 Pro’s DJI RC (with built-in screen) ,it can sideload the app with adb, DJI RC is Qualcomm APQ8053 arm v7, I cant install the app, i guess the app is the arm v8 AArch64,so i failed.

1 Like

The DJI RC does not support installation of any external apps. Even if there was a way to force them, the memory and other aspects of the RC are so limited that performance would most likely be completely unsatisfactory.

1 Like

One of the reasons often given for the DJI RC not being able to run an app like Litchi is the limited computing resources of the DJI RC. I have also read that DJI Fly is very resource intensive. So, I have to wonder which app is really more resource intensive, DJI Fly or Litchi. If DJI Fly is more resource intensive as some posts suggest, shouldn’t the DJI RC have the memory and CPU to be able to run Litchi?

4 Likes

The question is probably academic, because DJI probably has their fly app really burned in there deeply, so to speak. It seems unlikely that one could replace their app with an external one. Also, it is quite possible that Litchi is significantly more resource intensive. Either way, barring a surprise breakthrough, it’s probably better just to get a used RC-N1 and use a cheap Android phone.

Greetings, just purhased Dji mini 3 pro and i am wondering if you will add VR mode in the first official release of your new app.

Hello, since yesterday I also have the new “Litchi Pilot” app on my Samsung S23 Ultra. Got the mini3 PRO.
What is the best way to connect the new “Litchi Pilot” app to the N1 controller? Rarely do I get a connection to the APP.

Hello and thanks for new Beta-Version. Now i see more than 100 missions, fine, but now i can not load a mission. If i click to a mission, then the Position will be shown but no route is visible. Before BETA-update, loading a mission was ok, WP’s and the route was visible.
Peter
I’m working with newest FW for RC and Drone: RC Pro Android Vers 10 Kernel Vers 4.19.81 -perf+, BuildNr. V80.03.01.10, DJI M3T

Force Close DJI Fly before you start Litchi Pilot.

2 Likes

So you do can load a mission, otherwise you wouldn’t see anything.

At least mention what type of phone you are using, and the Android version.

(Edit your post if possible instead of creating a new post)

I’m working with RC Pro, DJI M3T as i wrote in my last post when i has written about the limit of 100 missions.
Now i see more than 100 missions, but when i click on a mission to import, nothing happen. The screen jumps back to view of my position (start-screen or map-screen) but the choosen Mission isn’t visible. Before the BETA-update, the mission and WP’s where shown.

1 Like