Mapping/survey grid tool

I haven’t checked the range yet! It will be necessary to check

Also surely you could get to the point where by the time you get back to the last point on the mission the battery was at before auto rth kicked in that it kicked in again…

What is the 5000m limit?

This is the total range of the mission!
Example point A-B = 300 meters, point B-C is 4700 meters. In total = 5000 meters.

I have not heard of this before. Is this in a straight line (radial) from the controller, or, total flight path? I’m pretty certain I’ve flown more than 5K in a single mission before. Probably not that far in a straight line though. Can you help point me to where I can find these specifications in case there are others I should be aware of?

1 Like

Thanks!
So the original mission seems to be within the realm of probability, especially if the pilot were to be located near the center of the grid. . . and has a lot of batteries :wink:

Well, this question has already been answered. So 4000m.

It seems to me that the drone’s motors will overheat and it will burn out if you use 10 batteries in a row.

YES!!! Me and my beta tester friends we will definitely love aero topography and facade missions. The work scenery’s be so amazing for a big slice of pros!

Would love this too but for now, you can check out my Mission Planner to Litchi tool

5000m is the dji limit in drone firmware for missions. For dji fly drones, there are apparently no restrictions, because. there are no missions in the firmware.

2 Likes

Yaroslav,
thanks for putting that python script out there.
I installed your Win executable and the program pulls up.
It does not run for me on a WIN 10 Pro machine.
It asks for the input file but than simply shuts down without any conversion.
Any help / suggestions?
Thanks,

I really appreciate your piece of code, it’s awesome it works! The only thing is at least with me, it’s not keeping the gimbal pitch -90, I have to modify it in Litchi selecting all the way points and changing from disabled to interpolate -90, I’m working on a version of this code in JavaScript and I’m planning to add that feature. Maybe we can work it together Thank you!

1 Like

Minute 14

Minute 14

That is not necessary. Before importing the converted csv file into Litchi, in Litchi Mission Settings, set the Gimbal Mode to Disabled. Then import the mission. And before starting the mission, just set the gimbal to -90 using the gimbal wheel on the controller. Issue solved!

Yes, sure! I would love to translate it to JavaScript and maybe publish it online as a web-app!

You can upload a sample photo to mission planner in the Software will determine the parameters of the camera

1 Like

Once I finish the first draft I’m gonna send it to you for your review, What makes me create a JavaScript version is that python creates a .exe and windows and several antivirus hate those files.

2 Likes

I didn’t use Litchi for almost 2 years and I’m really surprised that this feature is still not implemented. I really would like to see this implemented in a user friendly way. Means:
You draw the border line, specify the Lense/drone, specify the hight, specify the overlap in x and y axis, define the tilt of the camera, define how long the drone should stop before taking the picture, define single/double grid and Litchi calculates all the waypoints and the needed time (and maybe fly to base for battery changes if needed) etc.
Just my idear of how to implement the feature.

4 Likes