How to capture 360-degree panoramas at waypoints

Maybe it is how I am creating the mission is Litchi before using the converter? I am at a loss as well.

On another note, I can’t locate the M3 converter on the site. Should I be looking somewhere else for it?

Capture

I saw that you made that change. I was able to successfully have the M3E run my test mission. It took 22 jpeg and 22 RAW images at 3 different waypoints. The angles are a bit off cause it didn’t capture the sky totally but I think that more a problem of the capability of the gimbal than anything else. I’ll take it though and hoping it is sufficient for the clients needs.

Yes. I added the word “Pilot 2” to make it more obvious.

Excellent!. I’m glad it worked. None of my drones capture all of the sky. That has to be filled in manually. At most, I can angle the gimbal 20 degrees upward. That is, at least, a Litchi limitation.

Is there any way to send you a video? I tried to run the 9 waypoint mission today with the M3E but it was taking pictures along the route instead of just at the waypoint. I’m convinced that I have to be doing something wrong in the setup if it working for you and everyone else.

My workflow for this flight/mission to get the pano’s was to first set up the 9 waypoints in Litchi then run it through your utility to create the 360 pano’s. I then exported that back to the utility for Pilot 2 and loaded the KMZ file through my SC.

I can’t see what I did wrong in that process but the fact that I can’t get the mission to work on the M2P or the M3E tells me that I’m more than likely doing something wrong or maybe I need to break them down to less waypoints?

https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=ETuqcQ5E8m

Share your mission. Thats the easiest and best way for users to see what is going on and help you.
Here is some info, if you arent familiar with how to share a mission.

I just edited my post to add the link. Thank you.

Your ‘Path Mode’ is set to Curved Turns. No waypoint actions are performed unless Path Mode is set to Straight Lines.
Your Photo Capture Interval is set to 2.0 seconds.
The only waypoint actions you have set are ‘Stay For 45 secs’ for waypoints #1 thru #8.

I would expect your mission to capture a LOT of images, taking pictures every 2 seconds like you have set up.

There are no ‘panos’ occurring in the mission that you shared.

Your finished (converted) pano mission should look like this:

Sorry I shared the wrong mission. Here is the correct one.

https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=kBC9685QTa

That one is not a panorama mission either. It might be the INPUT you use to create a pano mission using Wes’s utility, but it doesnt take panos the way it is set up.

This mission also just takes pictures every 2 seconds, but NO pano

What do you suggest to fix it to do what I need it to do. I guess I have a lot to learn cause I thought I was doing it the right way at first.

Sam, you are my hero :facepunch: :clap:

You need to ‘Export as CSV’ from the mission you shared.
Then choose that CSV file as ‘Mission CSV to upload’ on Wes’s site.

Generate the Pano
Import the new CSV into a mission.

Did you get it done? I see you posted as I was writing this.

1 Like

I’m working on saving the missions. I have to do three of them, one at 150ft, one at 75ft, and the last at 250ft, so I’m changing the heights and saving them.

i can see now where I didn’t give it enough info to start with.

Your begging info was sufficient. You just didnt follow all of the instructions on Wes’s pano mission page and generate the final CSV file for you to download and import into the Mission Hub.

Thats all I did with the mission you shared.

1 Like

I thought I had done that. I imported it into the utility and had it generate a file but I must have been doing it wrong. I figured it was me and not the utility. I hope I didn’t frustrate Wes too much. He was trying to help me yesterday but every time I thought I had it worked out I had another issue.

Thank you again. I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I think this is the part that you skipped/didnt complete (Starting with Step 3).

Thanks for all the help so far.

So the wind finally died down enough that I could fly the mission. It’s taking 22 pictures like it’s supposed to BUT it is not completing all of them at the waypoints. As It transitions to the next waypoint it is still completing the task. The only waypoint that it did it as it was supposed to was the 9th (last). Maybe it needs a “Stay For” command but I’m not sure where to put it.

What drone and what software? Is this the M3E using Pilot 2 or the M2P using Litchi?

Are you saying that the last (9th) waypoint is the only one where it took the 22 photos or was the last (9th) waypoint the only one where it continued to take photos after leaving the waypoint?