Waypoints: Manual increasing speed between waypoints doesn't work

I’ve been begging Litchi to enable this function!

Have you tried manual speed control according to this youtube video?

urkman, this works only for drones, which are NOT controlled via DJIs Fly app (virtual joysticks).

For Gimbal Pitch changes and Flying Speed Changes to work there MUST be a connection between the AC and RC.
Manual speed override for drones build for the DJI FLY App (Mini-1 and newer) is NOT yet available in Litchi.

1 Like

I really hope Litchi adds this feature for virtual stick controls. I would get a lot of use of of the “cable cam” waypoint type setup if I could manually control speed and gimbal without having to worry about wandering from the preprogrammed flight path.

1 Like

Tutorial DJI Drone Litchi Waypoint Mission Cable Cam

@Emilio1
It looks like you are able to control speed of a waypoint mission.
Today I did a further test, but I’m still not able to change speed between the waypoints.
My config:

• DJI Mavic Mini
  • Android mobile phone
  • Litchi V 4.25.0-g

Possibly you have an other config, with which this feature is working?
See also the comment of TriBar above.

The ability to vary the speed during a mission is only available on the older drones that actually upload the waypoints to the aircraft. The newer, DJI Fly drones do not have this feature.

Maybe it’s a issue of DJI FLy drones. I knew ,that they abort the mission if the sign is lost. But (I think) I remenber to change the the speed of the Mini2 using the right stick. I sold the Mini2 and can’t test this.

I did a “blind” (with no sign) mission with the Mavic2Pro and it did perform different speeds at each waypoint.

Choose automatic translation in your language from the esperanto subtitles. In esperanto each word has only one meaning, so it´s better for automatic translations.

Hi, how are you.? can somebody help me with something.?? i have a dji phantom 3 standard. i have plan a waypoint mission. when the drone lose signal, it return to home. i was expecting it to continue with the mission. wath should i do to continue with the mission without retourning to home.?
thanks alot.!!

The setting ‘Exit waypoint mission on signal loss’ must be disabled.

2 Likes

Thanks very much yordie, i´m traying to find out where is that option of seting but i can´t find it.!! where do you think it is.? on mainmenu settings or waypoint setting.?

The setting @yordie mentioned is an AIRCRAFT setting in the Litchi App, but will only be visible when your drone is connected.

Have a look at the Online User Manual in the Settings Section:

@Tribar, any chance that DJI changed their setup to please the FAA and other’s in Gov’t that may have been concerned that the older setup could make it easier to launch a terrorist incident with a “fire and forget” type of drone bomb? If the signal can be lost and the drone finishes the mission anyway, then what could stop it? However from a pilot’s perspective it really is a major step backwards!

I know that autonomous drone flights are not allowed in the EU (for recreational pilots).
I also know that all drones sold in the EU after 2023 need to have a drone specific CE certification.
The Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro already meet the specifications for this CE certification and can be given this by a firmware update at the moment it is required.

For this reason the extended batteries for the Mini 3 Pro are not available in the EU.
Another requirement is that the drone lights have to be on all the time, so turning them off during video recording wil not be possible anymore.

For this reason it’s quite possible there will never be an SDK for these 2 drones (and future DJI consumer drones) or an SDK with geographical limitations (something like FCC & CE transmission standards).

There will also be different versions of remote controllers (and drones) for different regions, FCC & CE only, which is already the case for the DJI Mini and Mini SE RC.

These are only my thoughts.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Yordie, i finally found that setting option.!!

Thanks a lot TriBar, it is like you are saying. once the drone is connected you can see the option “exit waypoint mission on signal loss” .!!

Yeah, the reason those batteries aren’t available in the UK and the EU is they are heavier than the standard batteries and would put the mini 3 pro over the 249 gram limit for a C0 designated drone

Would be Great to implement cable cam between waypoints - it is feasible as it exists in another recently release app for dji fly Compatible drones

Hi guys. I don’t understand if the problem of drones with virtual sticks (mine is a DJI Air 2) is insurmountable in order to obtain this very useful function, or will it be possible if only Litchi wanted to… :grimacing:
Thank you