Waypoint Mission Flys at Angle

Yaw does not appear to be adjustable in that way, roll is but yaw just has no value box.

Have you tried setting up the drone using the dji assistant service mode?

You can probably get a good result if you set the angle of rotation obviously wrong, to the angle by which the drone deviates from the correct position.

From what I read DJI has taken manual yaw adjustment away at DJI GO 4 release.

I have a ticket open with DJI but their response time is crazy slow. They keep telling me their engineers are backed up. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks, much appreciated

@Perry_Clark I finally received my drone back without too much of an explanation. When I inquired for details, as to what was repaired, I was told “Phantom 4 Yaw-axis Motor V2 was malfunctioned, which caused gimbal cannot be homing normally”

It doesn’t quite explain why I had the same issue if they gave me a refurbished drone the first time. I sent the drone into them three times in total.

I did take the drone for a test flight today and the issue seems to be resolved. I did not do any recordings (forgot the SD card), but I was able to playback several waypoint missions using Litchi and everything looked aligned on screen, whereas before I could tell right away that the alignment was off.

Thanks for the info, I’m glad you found a resolution.

@Perry_Clark I’ve been on a long hiatus from flying my Phantom 4 Pro V2 and was out this past weekend setting up a waypoint mission. To my disappointment when I returned home to view the footage, the recording is again about 20 degrees off. It appears as though the drone is flying at an angle. I also ran a grid mission using Pix4DCapture and as I was viewing the images being captured on screen, I could tell immediately that the images were being captured in the ~20 degree angle off center. Were you able to resolve the similar issue you were having?

Mine are not V2’s. Unfortunately I could not resolve it, it seems like it must be a firmware bug as I have two of them and they both were suddenly behaving the same. Because of the age of the hardware I am sure DJI has no interest in fixing it. I wish they still allowed rolling back firmware.

My solution was to purchase a Mavic 3 Enterprise RTK.