Spherical panos at waypoints

Greg, I think with an iOS device which does auto stitch, it does it in the background while you continue flying, several videos on YouTube on the subject

2 Likes

Ios does this from poor quality photos.
Files copied from the sd card have much better quality.

3 Likes

You forget that the cache files will always be of poor quality, only for preview.

2 Likes

That could be nice for ios users who want or need a stiched image using the lower res cached images, if, thats where they are being stiched.

But to get a high-quality panorama, you also need to copy the photo from the sd card and glue

1 Like

If I want a spherical pano at any point I’ll just switch to the DJI fly app

It depends on the quality setting you choose.
Read the instructions. Why litter the forum with such posts

Does Dji fly copy full size photos from your phone during the flight? How long does copying take?

Open the album from within DJI fly at the end of the flight and it’s ready and waiting

These are files from the cache. They are small in size.

No they are the files downloaded from the card in the aircraft

OK. Post the size of the photos and the size of the resulting panorama

Size in MB please. I see panorama 2.3MB

But a simple wide panorama from litchi takes 20Mb

Why copy photos from a phone when they are already on the phone?

I asked. Write the size of the photos?

If these photos are small, then they are made from cache files. And it is of poor quality.

The photos are on the card in the drone and you can view and download them to your phone via the DJI fly app, I can’t tell you their size as I don’t have any at the minute, as I normally shoot video with my mini 2, if I want a 360 photo then I’ve got my Insta360 one X2 and a 3 metre invisible selfie stick

Well, I see the format of these files is 1770x3840 and the size is ~ 2mb. Which is several times smaller than even one simple photo .

These photos are for preview purposes only.

1 Like

The answer is that Fly app stitching results in a 8Mp pano, as said in this thread :

Nothing to do with a pano like this one, stitched and blended with PTGui from RAW photos and weighing 43.1Mo for 112,5Mp (15kp X 7.5kp) :

The only advantage of Fly app stitching is that stitching errors are hardly visible at this definition :slight_smile:

Today I used Litchi to make an ‘Auto Panno’ with the iPad Mini4 connected to the Mini1.
Litchi downloaded the 22 original 12MP photos (4000x3000 pixels, 5.5MB average) from the SD-card and stitched a 12MB, 50MP panorama (10028x5014 pixels).