[OPEN BETA] Litchi Pilot

Désolé mais je n’ai pas la connaissance et la compréhension qu’est la vôtre et pour moi cette phrase ne veut rien dire, est-ce si difficile de répondre à un membre par : oui une version arrivera dans les prochains mois ou non ce n’est pas prévu actuellement, sans devoir passer par des réflexions et des posts comme c’est le cas actuellement ? Non je ne pense pas, ma question était simple et j’aurais aimé une réponse simple, maintenant je sais que le meilleure chose à faire est de désinstaller cette application et de conserver l’original pour être tranquille.

No, there won’t be an Apple/IOS version of Litchi Pilot.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. I will try and check it.

Hello everybody, long time litchi user here, and i’m about giving a try to litchi pilot on RC PRO + Mavic 3E RTK for a large photogrammetry mission (about 50 ha, roughly one hour flight at 5 m/s 80 m AGL).

Is it too early for the actual version? I mean, can I reasonably be safe doing it or should I avoid because there are too many bugs still?

Hi
finally found my own setup to run the Litchi Pilot Beta from the apk downloaded here:
dji mini 3 + dji rc-n1 (had to find a 2nd hand as its almost impossible to find one brand new in these times…) + Lenovo android tablet running the Litchi Pilot Beta

I never purchased the Litchi app before neither on the Google Play Store nor on the Apple App Store and also nor on the Amazon App Store so my first thought when I saw there are only 2 flight modes available was “maybe it is related to this missing purchases on the app stores”.

Reading more here in the forum I understand there are only 2 flight modes available at this moment and they are the FPV mode and the waypoint mode.

Well, honestly were the waypoints mode and the track mode to bring me to Litchi and “outside the dji world” and for this reason I can only be 50% enthusiast and satisfied today.

Hope you have a roadmap to bring us the missing features soon, we deserve the full power of Litchi for our drones!!!

Now will stop this river of personal reflection, don’t wanna be boring to those who are here from long time.
Will start testing the waypoint mode and the mission hub that is fresh stuff for me in any case and will collaborate here of course.

Closing with my first question: how to calibrate the gimbal and the controller and in general work with aircraft and controller parameters/settings in the Litchi Pilot Beta?
I could find poor settings following the gear icon (top right corner of the app)

Thanks!!!

At this time with the DJI app.

When the final Litchi Pilot will be released you will still need the DJI app for at least the settings mentioned in the thread linked below because DJI did not include them in the SDK (Software Development Kit) on which all 3rd party apps are based.

This app will also be in other languages, for example in Czech language?
Litchi is great, I would like to continue using it, but without my language, it loses its meaning for me…

I checked it. No DJI Apss are running and I still don’t have video… Any further Ideas?

Force STOP any/all DJI apps in the device settings:
(Force Stop is NOT the same as Force Close)
Settings > Apps > DJI app > Force Stop.

Litchi Pilot Build 222_Shutter Speed jumps to Auto instead of 800

Miin3 Pro, RC-N1 with S20FE5G: I’m having 2 issues with Litchi Pilot.

#1 Planned missions repeatedly stop mid way ( waypoint #8 of 16 )with warning " Flight interrupted: The flight mode was changed " when I haven’t made any inputs. I tried to resume with Start Flight at #9 the next waypoint, still no change, will not resume. When I manually flew to next waypoint (:46), I tried Start Flight #9 again and it finished the mission. This has happened on 3 successive flights with full signal. Latest updates on all devices involved.

#2 Litchi pilot does not connect or upload flight data to AirData. Only DJI Fly flights upload, nothing from Litchi Pilot.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

https://youtu.be/JyMkDecGn24?si=VGINjtCifm4JEE7w

The signal strength indicator shows the video-feed signal strength only, NOT the control signal strength.
Besides that, even with 5 bars there can still be very short signal interruptions.

Manual flying appears to be much less sensitive to control signal interruptions.

Most likely there are control signal interruptions. Have a look at this thread:

and
Page 43 in the Mini 3 Pro User manual.

According to @vico (administrator) dd july 2023:
“Flight logs are not supported yet, will be added soon”

Augmented reality shows the home point and POI’s realtime in the video feed.

A number of things can cause this message to appear. One of those things is being in or near an “Enhanced Authorization Zone”. Check using DJI Fly to see if you are near one of these zones.

Thank you for the detailed response and references. I need the programmed mission to work for search & rescue operations as efficient covering of a grid is difficult at best while manually flying. The mission interruptions occurred at two different flying sites with very little if no interference and none of the flights were anywhere near controlled airspace ( I was more than 5 miles from the outer edge of class D airspace) and I checked for any other restrictions before flying such as a TFR.
Thanks for the information regarding AirData not being supported, hopefully that will be along soon as the .csv files are necessary for the SAR work I do.

None of that matters. You need to check for DJI’s authorization zones. They don’t always line up with controlled airspace.

Thanks Wes, but one of the two sites I’ve flown frequently for over a year and always check first for changes. I just checked both sites to be sure and no restrictions.

I am automatically translating Japanese and writing it.
I’m also having trouble with the problem of stopping mid-mission.
The aircraft flew in two rural fields unrelated to controlled airspace, but both flew for about 5 to 7 minutes before automatically stopping.
After landing, even after restarting the android and flying, it still stopped midway.

I bought a Samsung A54.

Nice phone and works well with the Litch Beta…

We are preparing a Flight plan via CSV-input for the Mavic3e. We need to input a positive camera-tilt angle, but the mission hub cuts this back to zero, although the m3e is capable to look „upwards“. Is there a way or workaround, to let the M3e camera tilt in positive angle?

You can input a positive interpolation angle. However, the “tilt camera” action must be 0 (zero) or less.