NEW 10,000 waypoints!

Changing the bit rate helped, I could not fly because of the winds, but I pointed it at the TV inside and did the same test. I turned it down to 1M. There was still some delay but I think it will be usable. IDK what all happens in the background but if you can put in a program 750K bitrate it might help more.

Can you clarify if this understanding of counting the number of waypoints is correct?

Going to the height of flight at Home Point is a wp;
Going to the first wp is a wp;
Stopping at the first wp is a wp;
Rotating on the first wp to the direction of the second wp is a wp;
Taking the picture on the first wp is a wp;
Going to the second wp is a wp;
Changing height between first wp and second wp is a wp;
Taking the picture on the second wp is a wp;
And this is repeated until the last wp of the mission.

In the last wp, in addition to the photo:
Stop is a wp;
Spinning towards Home Point is a wp;
Going to Home Point is a wp;
Stop at Home Point projection is a wp;
Going down to Home Point is a wp;
Landing/Off is a wp.

Thank you for your reply.

Your question is really confusing but I think the answer is “no” to most of your items you list. :slightly_frowning_face:

Each defined position in your flight path is a waypoint. It is not as complicated as you are trying to make it.

1 Like

Yes, it looks confusing.
But I’m trying to illustrate what DJI support gave me, including warning me that, for them, waypoint is not just a point to be reached, but all instructions for a mission.
My question was to see if Litchi interprets it that way.

Well then, litchi have over 150,000 waypoints in missions, if you look at it the way you think… :slight_smile:

Now don’t get snarky. He is simply asking a question based on what he was told by DJI.

3 Likes

Dji has no additional features for his missions.
If we calculate that litchi also allows you to set the turn angle, this is 16 actions at each point and multiply by 9999 = 159984 actions

I think there is a mistake, as Litchi says that he runs the missions in batches of 99 waypoints for drones that use DJI Go 4, that is, the mission can have up to 101 batches of 99 waypoints (commands sent to the drone, as quantifies the DJI) as the update went to 10,000 waypoints per mission and not 150,000.
I just want to know if Litchi interprets the waypoint count the way DJI told me.

Without seeing what DJI wrote, it is hard to say. However, based on what you have written, the information from DJI is simply wrong. DJI’s Go 4 drones support up to 99 waypoints (positions in the sky). It is no more complicated than that.

Litchi has removed the 99 waypoint limit by sending batches of waypoints to the drone, 99 at a time.

1 Like

I can’t see myself ever needing to use more than 99 waypoints in any Litchi flight plan, but just out of curiosity, if batches of 99 waypoints are now transmitted to the drone during a long waypoint mission, would it be correct to assume that those additional batches of 99 waypoints can ONLY be sent to the drone IF there is signal connectivity between the drone and the remote controller?

In other words, if the drone has already exceeded the range at which signal connectivity can be maintained with the remote controller, would it then be impossible for any further batches of 99 additional waypoints to be transmitted to the drone? I ask this question because most of the missions I fly go well beyond RC signal range.

Correct, but then the auto return to home should cut in, and maybe then when it gets back in range, I wonder if they would upload then?

2 Likes

Surely you’ve never done a mission with 99 or more waypoints.
See in one of Viço’s answers, that when the mission reaches 99 waypoints and there is no signal between the drone and the remote control, it will stay there, as it no longer has any commands loaded to execute.
I don’t know if activating the RTH of the remote will make the drone come back.
I use the drone to map corridors in blocks with a maximum of 800m and I always consider having the Home Point close to the center of the block, so I think that if there is interference, there will always be a signal between the drone and the controller.
A situation where the mission contains exactly 100 waypoints and loses signal to load the next waypoint that would be the return command is complicated. And it will be worse if the drone does not come back by the direct RTH command on the remote control. I hope the procedures are not like that.

1 Like

15 additional commands at each point are only executed if the aircraft is within range of the remote controller

All things considered, I’ll keep my waypoint missions below 90 waypoints, as that self-imposed limit is more than adequate given the battery power limitations of my ancient Phantom3S and Mavic Pro1. That said, I can definitely see the utility of having several hundred waypoints ready to upload to the drone, for those who are conducting mapping or estate survey flights that all lie within the remote controller’s transmission range.

One of the few advantages of residing in a Third World backwater is that my drone sorties are not limited by the remote controller’s signal range, or by the reach of my eyesight. It is therefore routine for me to fly my Mavic Pro or Phantom 3S more than two miles away even as Litchi’s stern audio alert voice repeatedly intones that ominous phrase “Warning, Disconnected!”. My maximum waypoint count for these types of flights is a mere 64, thus far, so Litchi’s new capacity to accommodate thousands of waypoints is for me a feature of passing curiosity.

1 Like

Try batch editing. To create a hyperlapse route. You will very easily get 200 or more waypoints

1 Like

Wow. Never heard of batch editing or hyperlapse routes. I’ve got some homework to do for sure.

Batch Edit only works on EXISTING Waypoints

One move. Check out the app

Or so

2 Likes

I assume that’s the same as in rainbow, draw a line and in batch edit specify distance between waypoints, hit ok and the app does the rest

1 Like