Mixed Video and Pictures in Waypoints doesn't work

Hi All,

I have created a few waypoint missions to use with my Mini 2 with Litchi. In them I have tried to mix video recording and photographs. In the mission I have used straight lines.

In all the missions I have used actions to at the waypoints, like Stay For 2s, Take Photo, Stay For 2s, Start Recording. If I am already recording when I get to a waypoint the first action is always Stop Recording. When I run the mission it takes photographs but will not record video, the photos are fine but the drone does not record video.

Is there anything Iā€™m missing.

Cheers,

Ian

Try adding a ā€œ1 second waitā€ between ā€œTake Photoā€ and ā€œStart Recordingā€.

1 Like

Hi Wes,

I already do, in fact I leave 2 seconds, see above. Stay For 2s, Take Photo, Stay For 2s, Start Recording

Cheers,

Did you also set the mission for straight lines in the settings box ?

Welcome to the forum!
I have had problems mixing Vids and pics.

It would be great if share your mission. You need to have private unchecked.

Rod ā€¦

Hi archer,

The mission was set for straight lines.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Rod,

I have share all of my missions, the missions that did not work were in Blackpool on South Pier, Central Pier and the Tower.

Cheers,

Ian

You need to post a link.

This one Iā€™m working today, it has nothing related to with your OP

Rod ā€¦

1 Like

I think this is my link to the Blackpool Tower Orbit.

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

It loads up, I will look at soon.

Rod ā€¦

1 Like

Do you only get video to your first way-point?
Or is the video recording on and off?

Rodā€¦

Were you actually able to take off there, as they are in the NFZ for Blackpool Airport

1 Like

Hi Martin,

The Tower mission is outside of the NFZ for Blackpool Airport. The DJI app doesnā€™t even show a NFZ for Blackpool.

I did fly at Central Pier and I had already cleared it through ATC at Blackpool.

Blackpool ATZ is show below it ends just Southof Central Pier well clear by the time your at the tower.

Cheers,

Ian

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi Rod,

No video at all.

Ian

1 Like

@Ian_Cramman ,

I ā€˜movedā€™ the mission you shared to my area and ran it on my Mavic 2 Pro (on-board waypoints). It ran like a champ with one exception. Waypoint 5 didnt have a ā€˜Stop Recordingā€™. It took the photo but did not Start the Recording. Iā€™m guessing that since it wasnt told to STOP, that it didnt START again.
It took all photos and videos except for that one issue.
When I ran the same mission on my Air 2S (VSC) it was sporadic in starting the videos. It only started video at Waypoint 4, 7 and 9. I cannot explain why it worked on some and not others.
I am going to look at the flight logs and see if they will tell me more.

3 Likes

This is all good stuff!

Rod ā€¦

1 Like

Thanks Sam,

I tried another mission using my Mavic 2 Pro and it was very sporadic with the video, I think it recorded on 2 out of about 10 waypoints.
I think Iā€™m going to just create video only mission and photo only missions and see how they work. Iā€™m flying in Blackpool on Thursday evening. Itā€™s not a big issue I was trying to be too clever.

Ian

1 Like

Confused, ā€œI tried another missionā€ is this a new mission?
I wasnā€™t sure if the one you shared was really the problem one. ā€œI think this is my link to the Blackpool Tower Orbit.ā€

Rod ā€¦

Hi Rod,

I have tried several missions and they all have the same issue with video. I think I will just make missions for video and missions for photos.

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like