Mini 2 , Nivdia Shield, Goggles, Litchi

Hi,

I recently bought a mini 2 but found out that flying a drone watching your smartphone screen is, well… not my cup of tea…

So I had the idea to buy some goggles and fly it fpv to see if that’s more fun.

But the DJI goggles don’t work with the mini 2 so I tried to see if I could find a workaround.

First I tried to connect a little usb c hub with an HDMI out to my phone but this didn’t work as the usb in on the hub didn’t see the controller.

Then I figured I still have an old Nvidia shield K1 which has an HDMI out. Brilliant ! Problem solved ! But no…, I couldn’t install the DJI Fly app on it as it seems to require a 64bit processor and the K1 is only 32bit.

Then I found out about Litchi, which should do the trick as it runs on 32bit processors.

But before spending anymore time and money can somebody confirm this will work ?

So,
Can Litchi work as standalone to control the drone without the need of the DJI Fly app ? Can I arm my drone with Litchi and,
is it possible to adjust jaw rotation speed in Litchi like in DJI Fly ?

Could anyone help me with these questions ?

Regards
Pater

Can Litchi work as standalone to control the drone without the need of the DJI Fly app ?
Yes, for the most part.
Can I arm my drone with Litchi ?
Yes
is it possible to adjust jaw rotation speed in Litchi like in DJI Fly ?
No, but these settings are stored in the drone itself, so will work with Litchi.

Also have a look at this topic:

Thanks for the reply :pray:

I am gonna give a try !