Mavic Pro not connecting to Litchi

Hi, I have a question I’m running Litchi V2.14.3 on an Ipad pro running IpadOS 16.5, I used my drone last week with no issues but yesterday May 18th I was going to do a flight to take some pictures and Litchi is not connecting to my drone anymore I changed cables, delete and reinstall the app with no luck at all. So in order to rule out drone issues I downloaded another app on an Android tablet using the same USB-C cable and everything is working perfectly fine, so that means is an app issue. Does anybody have any ideas or recommendations I love the Litchi app I’ve been using it for like 3 years is the first time I have had issues with it. Thanks in advance for any info.

Here’s a simular thread:

This exact scenario happened with both my Mavic Pro1 and Mavic Pro platinum. Within days, both of them mysteriously stopped working with Litchi. Took a while for me to realize that the disconnect from Litchi was an underhanded ploy by DJI to force Litchi users into using DJI G04 by way of an imposed firmware update, and I had a devil of a time side-stepping that trap.

Updating the firmware will restore connectivity between your Mavic Pro 1 and DJI Go4, BUT that same firmware update will lock your drone out of Litchi. I did some online sleuthing and found out that the only way to revert my Mavic Pro back to compatibility with Litchi was to use two separate hacking facilities to undo several firmware updates simultaneously, for both the drone AND its controller.

It has been a while so I don’t recall the exact sequence of steps I used, but I did utilize DumlDoreV3, a free firmware hacking facility, along with the 40 euro No Limit Drones, in order to achieve that firmware rollback for both the drone and controller, which must wind up with the SAME firmware version for the rollback to work as intended.

It was a time-consuming endeavor that left me rather cross at DJI’s sneaky attempt to forcibly stop Litchi users from using their favorite flight control program in favor of the far less versatile DJI Go4.

1 Like

Apparently there’s a problem with iOS v16.5 in combination with Apple devices with USB-C.
It effects both Litchi & DJI GO4.

It has nothing to do with Litchi and/or Firmware.

The iOS 16.5 update was released on May 18, 2023

Some other results with Google search ‘iOS 16 & UCB-C problem’:
-iPhone Won’t Play Music in Car Using USB-C Port Cable after iOS 16 Updated
-iPhone Won’t Charge issues After iOS 16.5 Update in 2023
-Apple’s Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter does not work with iPhones and iPads that have been updated to iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5

3 Likes