Error code 167 in Litchi, at the start off flight plan

I too am facing this exact dilemma as described by other members.

I have Litchi on my Xaiomi 9C because dji fly does not work on this mobile.

Every fifth flight or so, I get an error 167, cannot take off. I use my wifes hauwei P30 with DJI fly on, no errors and I am allowed to take off.

Switch off everything, plug back into my 9C with litchi, and she works fine for the next few flights.

@Litchi support. Let me know what logs etc you need. This is really a cumbersome problem. No wife’s phone = No flying

Update the fly safe database in dji fly app i got the same error in litchi updatet the fly safe database and now i can fly again :slight_smile :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have done this over the weekend, and will keep an eye out. Hopefully this is the cure. Buying another mobile and going to DJI fly is not really what I have in mind.

AC & RC have to be bound to each other & to the same DJI account using the official DJI app (internet connection required).
Then a record is made of this binding process and stored on the smart device for future reference (NO internet connection required).
So when you fly your drone with a different smart device, the app can’t find this record and allows you only 5 ‘flights’.
You then have to use the official DJI app again to reset this counter.

The reason @Rene_Jensen was able to fly again is NOT due to updating the Fly Safe Database, but by doing so his AC & RC were connected to the official DJI app & the internet.

The same scenario happens when you switch to a different RC:

1 Like

Not comes across that, mind you it’s a long time since I’ve flown with litchi or DJI fly app (the later gets used to update firmware and that’s it) native the later is shut if not seen this as all my devices heave probably been used with DJI fly app to update firmware at some point

You are definitely on to something here.

Installed DJI Fly and Litchi on the P30. Flown a few times with litchi after opening DJI fly once, and no error yet. Ill keep an eye out on when, and if the 167 error pops up.

I am curious if litchi reads this file? And if so, can one not transfer this file to a phone that does not have DJI fly on?

@Tr0jan , @TriBar
I would put money on it.
It explains why the solution I use at Error code 167 in Litchi, at the start off flight plan - #4 by PPL
works for me.
It is painful though as the note3 is 2.4 Ghz only and every time I use the S10 to use the fly app, it reverts to 5.8 Ghz

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am brand new drone flyer. I have bought DJI Mini SE and love it, but my Moto G7 power is not compatible with DJI Fly app, so I was disappointed to at least, I have tried Rainbow app but after doing more research I can across Litchi app. After reading many comments and browsing through the website, I decided to give it a go. I was very happy with the app.

But after 3 days of flying, Litchi app kept showing error code 167. I have tried power cycling both the drone and remote controller but to no avail, error code never went away.

I have borrowed iPhone XR and installed DJI Fly app and drone took off with no issue/error code. I flew the drone and no issue. After landing the drone, without powering off the controller/drone, I just swapped the mobile device back to my Motorola and opened Litchi app, once it connected, that error code 167 never showed up and once again I was able to fly the drone with Litchi app.

Any idea as to was is the root cause? One last thought, I do remember trying Find my drone from Litchi app the night before, I am not sure if that has anything to do with this

Have a look at my post #24
“Find my drone” is unrelated.

The simple way to make this error go away is to update the DJI software every time DJI asks for it.

• Turn off Litchi app
  • Open DJI app
  • Wait for the update massage
  • Do the update
  • Restart mobile and drone
  • Force stop DJI app in your mobile
    Ready to fly with Litchi with no errors!

An easy way to never encounter this error is to never update the DJI software since you bought the drone.

Paxxa,
DJI will always ask you to update. If you don´t do the update the error will appear because Litchi depends on the DJI SDK.

Litchi never asks for an update. I don’t run the dji app

I received the same error today while using Litchi on a Pixel 3A. DJI Fly app doesn’t support running on Pixel 3A, so I had to use my iPhone to run DJI Fly and update the my Mini SE drone. Afterwards, I reconnected my Pixel 3A and the drone operated just fine in Litchi.

Ahoj všetci, tento problém sa stal.aj mne v DJI aplikácie ako chýba 30064,
Tak som prešiel na litchi, tam že obrate a na DJI.
Celý problém bol vtom že aplikácia si z myslela dať mu kurz lietania :see_no_evil::rofl::upside_down_face: po vykonaní kurzu som mohol zas lietať, chápe to niekto?
DJI Mini SE vlastním od Jún roku 2022.

Včera zas chybou kód 30064 v DJI app, teraz chcel aby som urobil aktualizáciu kvôli bezpečnosti, kde sa nemôže lietať, tak som to urobil a mohol som lietať. Nešiel som ani na litchi tam by mi hodilo 167 chybu.

All you have to do is take off in DJI fly and then force stop DJI fly open litchi and the craft flies fine

1 Like

Hi

Similar massive frustration here !!!

Hadn’t used my Mini 2 for a couple of months, went to fly and message displayed on phone ’ DJI Care Lock Motor’

Configuration is Mini 2 Drone, DJI Controller, Phone with Litchi app.

Came to Litchi through recommendation and after spending £400 on a drone DJI expected me to spend another £400 upgrading my mobile phone to use DJI Fly (my existing mobile is non-compatible)

The joke is I had to wait 6 weeks after I bought it to find someone who’d activate the drone with their compatible phone for me !!!

I hate DJI and their draconian control over MY drone !!!