Will Litchi work with either the Mavic 3 or the Mini 3 Pro?

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta. La esperanza es lo último que se pierde… :+1:

Moreover since the Mavic 3 is driven through DJI Fly, one can expect that other drones under Fly will beneficy of this improvement. It is now evident that Fly is not a limitation for a such add-on.

3 Likes

This was updated literally yesterday. Perhaps this changes things for Litchi and the Mini 3 (Pro), at least on Android

2 Likes

This is indeed good news. Especially this part:

We will support Mini 3 Pro and Mini 3 on earily Q2, 2023 in MSDK v5.3.0.

However, this is unfortunate:

There is no plan to support Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine and Mavic 3 Classic currently.

5 Likes

Thank you for this update!

Does this mean that the DJI RC that is packaged with the Mini 3 Pro will be capable of an installation of Litchi?

If so, how long after the DJI release would that likely happen?

I love my Litchi/Mini combination but would like to upgrade to the proven Litchi/Mini 2 combo or the potentially better Mini 3.

There is currently no way to install external software onto the DJI RC. It is unknown if that will change in the future.

Because the SDK being released is version 5 which is not compatible with the current SDK (version 4), Litchi is forced to write a totally new app. Therefore, this will take longer than simply adding support for a new drone to the current app. How long? I don’t know.

2 Likes

Thank you, very helpful. I’ll just buy the Mini 2/Litchi. Too bad, the Mini 3 looks attractive except for the lack of useful follow mode.

That may have changed…

DJI RC Controller FCC plus Apps Installation - YouTube

Hi,

Just checking in to see if there is an update on getting M3E Litchi app. I was able to install the latest version of Litchi on the DJI remote in hopes I would be in luck but nothing yet. Appreciate an update if you have.

Thanks,

Anthony
Aerial Photo Platform

Hi AP3,

I have not heard any recent news regarding Litchi’s effort to support the M3E (MSDKv5).

@vico or @Kaehn , would it be possible for either of you to provide some sort of status update on any development effort to support the M3E with a new app? There are a fair number of people inquiring about this.

1 Like

As of a few days ago, Dronelink has a beta started with support for Mini 3 Pro and Mini 3. So clearly the DJI MSDK 5 with that support is available in some way, though the DJI dev site doesn’t show the version with M3/Pro support yet. Dronelink is having some issues with some phones and there may be issues with Android 13 at this point related to the MSDK.

It was also noted that DJI has obstacle avoidance disabled in MSDK 5 (unlike 4) which is a bummer. Dronelink says they’re pushing to have it enabled again and have some hopes this will happen.

As for installation on the DJI RC. Interesting to see that there may be a hack to get external apps on there. But keep in mind the memory resources and speed of that device are limited – running apps like Litchi on it (as opposed to a fast smartphone) may be impractical.

One other note: It appears DJI is only providing MSDK 5 support for Android, not iOS, at least at this time.

4 Likes

https://developer.dji.com/doc/mobile-sdk-tutorial/en/

3 Likes

Yep, Android MSDK 5.3.0 with Mini 3/Pro support is now up.

https://developer.dji.com/

3 Likes

The mini 3 pro sdk is already out and has been for quite a few weeks now.
Why have you not gotten Litchi to work with it yet?
I haven’t been able to use my paid Litchi since I got rid of my mini 2!
Get on the ball, people!!!

As a software developer myself and someone who leads a team of software developers, this is certainly the type of message that would inspire me.

2 Likes

I had read that it only takes around 2 weeks for Litchi to get into an sdk and get an aircraft into the Litchi software.
It’s been well over 2 weeks since the mini 3 pro sdk had been released.
As a paying customer that hasn’t been able to use this software for over 6 months, I’m pretty antsy to get Litchi installed and working with my quad. Especially since this has to do with my BUSINESS.
I’m losing opportunities to make money when I’m waiting on a piece of software I need.
As mentioned in the forums, Dronelink already has the mini 3 incorporated into their software. But I haven’t bought that software.
Maybe I need to since Litchi hasn’t put out a mini 3 pro update.

Would it make ‘business sense’ to invest in something that already exists then? Or are you willing to wait? Its as simple as that.

3 Likes

It’s not litchi’s problem that you sold your mini 2 that works perfectly fine with litchi, if you hadn’t sold it you could be using litchi to makes money from your customers.

As for the fact that Dronelink have indeed got a BETA version of their software out for the mini 3 pro, this is in very early stages and they are having lots of problems with the sdk, which in some cases won’t work properly with android 13 (a problem that’s down to DJI), maybe it’s because of things like this that litchi hasn’t come out with a version for mini 3 yet

2 Likes

Does it make business sense to invest in a company that promises to incorporate a drone in 2 weeks after sdk release? A company that is quick to update software is generally the best choice.
I actually took it back after realizing the mini 3 pro was being released since there’s a 30 day window to take it back.

Who made this promise?

1 Like