Waypoint mission with total duration of 60min

Hello, I am planning my flight route with the mini 2 to carry out photogamemetry of an industrial warehouse of 50,000.00 m2. The total duration of the waypoint flight plan is 60min, I have 3 batteries and with each one I plan to fly 20min. My question is, what should I do during the execution of the flight to change the batteries when it is time? Should I pause the mission? should i stop her? by changing the battery I can continue the mission from where I left off with the previous battery.

Greetings

1 Like

When the battery power gets too low (below about 25% depending on the distance to the home point), safety RTH will initiate.

You have to pay attention to what waypoint the drone had last passed before this happens, so you know at what waypoint to start again.

You can start a waypoint mission at any chosen waypoint.
I chose to start this mission at waypoint 3.

Hi!

My opinion is that this option is not always possible!

Example: We have 99 points, the area is large. The battery ran out at point 75, the drone returned home. We changed the battery, started it again, indicated in the litchi to start from point 75, and then attention! Lychee tells us that he cannot complete the mission, the distance from the starting point to point 75 is too far! What should I do?

Sincerely, Magomed.

Hi,

Can I ask how far this distance was?

Hi!

2500 meters

Sincerely, Magomed.

Hi,

That’s beyond the 1999m limit DJI has set in their SDK.

Have a look at this topic:
The first line (limit) applies.

1 Like

The solution to your problem is very simple. Delete wp2-wp74. Then put the maximum speed between wp1 and wp75. Next, save this mission with a new name.

This is because you are trying to start the mission at a waypoint that is too far from the current drone location. Fly closer to the waypoint you’re trying to start from and it will execute properly.

2 Likes