Using Litchi and could use some help

A long time ago, I used Litchi to perform some grid flights. A have a mission to perform and tried to use Litchi again, but apparently can not even start to draw a polygone with a grid, can just place some waypoints. Anybody to help me getting statrted with a grid mission? Thanks in advance

You’re right, you cant draw polygons and create grid patterns using Litchi. To my knowledge, I dont think that capability ever existed in Litchi.
An external source is needed to create such a grid pattern (draw polygon, set parameters, altitude, overlap, etc) and export a CSV file which can then be imported into Litchi.

I use this tool:
https://ancient.land/

You can create a grid using Namirda’s VLM desktop application. I have experimented with it a bit, but not enough to provide useful advice.

Ok thanks. I know in the past I have used grids to fly missions but this was probabely not with litchi then; will try your other suggestions. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Flying them using Litchi, yes. I do that a lot mapping properties.
But, creating them only using Litchi, no.

Good luck.

“Virtual Litchi Mission” can:

Ok, I succeeded with ancient.land and exporting to Litchi. The work is to fly over a 52 hectare surface to finaly produce a orthophoto with nadir pictures what settings would you suggest I need a GSD of 2 cm, thanks a lot and I wish you a good weekend. Thanks again.

Ok, I succeeded with ancient.land and exporting to Litchi. The work is to fly over a 52 hectare surface to finaly produce a orthophoto with nadir pictures what settings would you suggest I need a GSD of 2 cm, thanks a lot and I wish you a good weekend. Thanks again.strong text

To calculate the GSD (Ground Sampling Distance), one needs to know the height above ground and some specifications of your drone camera that are not readily available. The calculation is easy. Finding those specifications is something less than easy. Here is a web site that describes how to do the calculation:

1 Like