The mini SE compared to the mini 2

Spark writes missions to memory and executes them without communication with the control panel.
He can also do this without a remote control, but he has a hard limitation in the firmware when controlled from the phone. What you wrote is 100m distance and 50m height when controlled from the phone. Therefore, without a control panel, it is impossible to launch a mission more than 200m in diameter and 50m in height. I wrote about it to litchi but they can’t get around it.
Spark also has a gimbal interpolation from dji when the connection is lost.

So the phone and aircraft are linked together with no remote control? There’s no cell service or wifi where I’m at.

Is that Ocusync-1? Linking my phone and the vehicle?

Your drone doesn’t work that way. It’s only spark and mavic air.

The main differences between the Mini and Mini SE are the batteries and motors.
They BOTH use the exact same controller and therefore have the same transmission specifications, which is Enhanced WiFi.
The DJI Spark also uses enhanced WiFi.

You can read/compare them on the official DJI sites:
Mavic Mini:

Mini SE:

Spark:

The Mini 2 uses Occysync-2, which is superior to the Mini & Mini SE:

Summary:
Spark (Enhanced WiFi):
2.4 GHz FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.3 mi (500 m)
5.8 GHz FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.18 mi (300 m)

Mini & Mini SE (Enhanced WiFi):
Model MR1SS5
5.8 GHz: 4000 m (FCC); 2500 m (SRRC)
Model MR1SD25
2.4 GHz: 2000 m (MIC/CE)
5.8 GHz: 500 m (CE)

Mini 2 (Occusync 2):
10 km (FCC)
6 km (CE)

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed and very specific answers to these questions!

In any case, mini 2 will not fly even 6km

It all depends on the environment! In PERFECT CONDITIONS the drone has been shown to fly it’s maximum range. It is the same with all drones during testing, but since almost no one operates in perfect conditions then you are right that the range will not be what is stated (most of the time).

All drones fly 2km ± and all lose contact.

The surest way to fly 5km or more is to follow the drone so that the distance between the remote control and the drone is 200-300m. This is also a condition for legal flights in compliance with visual control.

Point well taken. I’ve been checking out used Mavic pros
I’d like to fly into a couple of canyons near me, from the rim. Each flight mission varies quite a bit in elevation but all are close to 2 miles each in distance. Mavic 2 pro, is around 900 to 1500 usd used. Would the mini 3 be a good choice for such missions?

Mini 3 pro isn’t supported on litchi as DJI haven’t published the sdk for it yet

1 Like

Actually, support for the DJI Mini 3 Pro may never come to Litchi: Will Litchi work with either the Mavic 3 or the Mini 3 Pro?

Here in the UK we have to maintain VLOS which includes being aware of the orientation of the drone. VLOS is defined as unaided eyesight (except glasses and contact lenses …)

All I can say is that when my Mini SE is further than about 50m away it is very difficult to see which way it is pointing. Kind of makes the 4Km range academic.

Keď letím priamo a je dobrý kontrast na oblohe vidím na 200m mini SE. Zatiaľ som bol vo vzdialenosti 1300m, občas slabí signál. Lietam nad poľom, z viditeľnosťou na 3km.
Tiež platia u nás pravidlá lietať iba na dohľad.

1 Like