The air2s camera goes crazy during the mission

Thank you very much TriBar, you are very helpful.
In fact, I hadn’t used Litchi for a long time and I had forgotten many things, also because with M2P I didn’t have all these problems that the Dji drini have today with the new system introduced. I saved your mission and I try it as soon as I can.
Thanks again.
Giuseppe

So, in summary, in settings the default gimbal should always be put in “DISABLE” then when setting the wypoints, it should be left disabled until a POI is encountered, right? While the same thing for the camera must be kept in “Interpolate” until the first POI.
Giuseppe

Gimbal Pitch (camera):
Disabled: You can use the left scroll wheel during flight
Focus POI: A POI will be kept in the center of the frame vertically only when ‘Heading Mode’ is NOT ‘Custom (WD)’.
Interpolate: YOU set a vertical camera angle (needs 2 waypoints to work).

Which ‘Default Gimbal Pitch Mode’ you want to use depends on:
-What you are planning to do
or
-What’s your favorite way for planning a mission.

Thanks for your response TriBar.
I love doing aerial shots concentrated on one POI up to the wypoint that I decide, then from there it must orient itself and point to the second POI and so on and they must be fluid.
Giuseppe

Hi … I also noted in settings your cruise speed is about 17mph but often you manually accelerate to over 33 mph at the next waypoint. Don’t know that this is an issue but it certainly is unusual. On that note, you have huge curve sizes settings on nearly straight paths with no changes in heading. Again … strange if that was your intention. I do NOT understand what you were trying to achieve with these settings. As mentioned, using “interpolate” will smooth camera movements. Lastly with such a long flight, to have only 2 POIs, both at the Marina, seems a bit odd also … adding POIs throughout the flight will change camera angles through interpolation. This is the way Litchi was designed to work and will make video much more interesting to watch and missions easier to debug if there are issues… Over time, you will be able to anticipate which way Litchi will move the cameras by where and how you place yor POIs.

Thanks also to you Douglas for your contribution. Now I am getting a clearer idea of this problem, thanks to your contributions. I will do the mission again with your advice in mind, although I will have to make it much shorter as it needs the radio signal all the time.
Giuseppe

Douglas. Excuse me again, would you like to open my mission and correct it in your own way? so I make myself condo of the actual things to do. If I ask too much, leave it alone. I thank you in advance in both of your decisions. I will have to study a lot on the “interpolated” settings and on the “WD and TNW” modes.
Giuseppe

If you want smooth motion and don’t bother with “interpolation”, then you need to install poi. And wd mode.
With poi configured, litchi itself interpolates camera movement between poi.

Interpolation is needed when you don’t set poi and know exactly the direction in degrees for each wp.

A speed of 48 km/h is too fast for smooth drone flights.
It is better to fly slowly 10-20km/h.
It’s better to speed up the video in post-processing, it will look much better

Thanks Paxxa for the answer and for the advice given, I will treasure all the advice given so far.
Unfortunately and as already mentioned, I am an old admirer and owner of Litchi, but unfortunately sometimes for 7/8 months and even more, I don’t touch the drones for work reasons and then I forget almost everything every time, then put them also that they change technologies continuously. For example, I was unaware of this new Dji system regarding the virtual stick, precisely because I have not had the opportunity in recent months to speak with the various groups.
Giuseppe

not much has changed. You just need to choose a place where the connection is stable. And do not plan missions of 3 kilometers, no one has done this before, it is common for people when their appetites grow.

A beautiful interesting video lasts 3-4 minutes, for this it is not necessary to fly 30 minutes

1 Like

I assure you that when I had M2p, I also went beyond these km. There was another system and the missions were loaded on board the drone and then the mission continued. Unfortunately, everything has changed now. :frowning:
Giuseppe

I don’t doubt it. But I doubt that you will be able to show a video so planned, without editing, in one mission. By the way, what is the flight time of the mavic 2p?

This is my opinion, I do not impose it on anyone.

All the videos I make with the missions, I do them for passion and I don’t edit after having made them, mine is only passion, I have rarely published any aerial videos.
The missions made with the M2P were in photo mode, so I put the speed of the m2P to the maximum and when I arrived on the spot it took photos, missions of 10/12 km (total) with times of about 16/18 min. Of course in video mode I would not have done it on battery.
Giuseppe

I agree with this. For a photo, it doesn’t matter how the drone behaves in the mission, the most important moment is to get photos

1 Like