Take photo only on interval without waypoints

That’s not correct.
Using the pencil in a waypoint setting you can delete the number, then it will show “disabled”

In Mission Settings it functions as a default for newly added waypoints, you can leave it disabled and still add an interval at waypoint level.

When you have NO interval settings at waypoint level and set an interval at mission level afterwards, it doesn’t do anything, NO pictures will be taken.

There are 2 major problems with your modified mission:

1. NO adequate terain follow.
  2. Heading Mode TNW.
    For instance the drone will slowly rotate from 181° at WP14 to 277° at WP15 while traveling from WP14 to WP15.
    Heading Mode should be set to Custom(WD) and either 0° or 180° at every waypoint.

True, on this one. I didnt consider the drastic change in the terrain.

On the Heading Mode, I didnt change that. It was set like that in the mission that Marin shared.

True, but by deleting all waypoints in between, you created problem #2.

I didnt create the problem, I just exacerbated it by making it rotate over a longer distance.

And, I withdraw any suggestion that I made to try and help Marin’s issue. I will politely bow out of this issue.

remember with curved turns, the drone does NOT reach the waypoint. it is outside the curve

You’re absolutely right, I’ve done lots of tests and in fact at each waypoint it still takes a photo.
Ok it doesn’t stop when setting in ‘Curved Turns’.
What I do is to set interval greater than the maximum length.
For example, if I make a mapping (I always x2 with 90° for grid) for Mini 3 Pro 30x20 I set interval to 32 and so I just have ONE photo at each waypoint (it has no time to take another one before WP) and it works (will do a video).
And we have a ‘terrain follow’.