Setting fixed AGL height for a non-mission planned flight using Litchi?

Hi, for a coordinated S&R scenario three drones should be utilized which will be independently operated. Each drone is assigned a height corridor (i.e. 100ft +/-10, 150ft +/-20, 200ft +/-20) so that drone paths can crisscross at their respective heights depending on the operator´s needs without risking collisions.
This is currently a tedious process, as with e.g. mode 2 setting of the control sticks, the turning may unnotices change the height as well so a thorough doublechecking is required each time a turn is initiated.
Does Litchi (or any other software you know of!) offer to set a “height corridor” for the controlled drone? Haven´t found an option aside from setting the max height, which at least gives one corridor limit…
Thanks a lot!

There are no DJI drones that allow you to specify an AGL height to be flown manually.

This is because, at the time of flight, the drone can only estimate its height above the takeoff location using barometric pressure.

Missions can be planned with an AGL height using an on-line elevation model, but this is not what you are asking for.

Don’t know that this helps you at all, Maven has what they call (I Think) Virtual Polygonal Geofence that works for the Mini 2. It can constrain the Area and Min/Max heights of a flight area.

That is for limiting horizontal movement and height above takeoff. Beyond 30 feet, DJI drones have no way to determine height above ground.

Maven sounds to offer what I have in mind… Ill try this for 20bucks and report back to here!

Right, my bad - I use in Litchi the DEMs and phrased this wrongly. AGL cannot be determined exactly, thus I should have used the “height the drone reports to the controller”, likely by using both GPS and DEM for the location.
Thanks for correctly pointing this out!

Using the Litchi Mission Hub, multiple versions of the same flight path can be saved under names that denote the (above-ground) altitude values selected, whereby each such mission can be flown independently by a compatible DJI drone assigned to a separate pilot, with those missions being flown either concurrently or sequentially.

In this scenario, each drone would be monitored by an operator independently via a dedicated smart device using the Litchi app. With the non-conflicting altitudes of several DJI drones assigned in 100-foot increments throughout the same flight path, the risk of a mid-air collision is eliminated, since Litchi’s margin of error for barometrically quantified altitude assignments above successive waypoints rarely exceeds 20 feet.

1 Like