Red Over Exposure on Preview Image

The preview image on the phone screen appears to have a red halo or over exposure color that appears randomly. If I record, it does not transfer to the footage. However, the preview image is off. I have restarted everything multiple times. Reset the phone. The controller and the drone. When I switch back to the DJI app the image is perfect. It only looks messed up when using the Litchi app. Tried everything and hit a wall, can not get the image to be clear as it once was. Does anyone know how to resolve this Litchi error?

SOLUTION: After much research it turns out to be a setting called Peak Focus Threshold. If you set it to NONE, the red halo disappears. If you set it to 70% or 90% or custom, it will show the red halo over everything that is in the highest focus. Not sure why this feature exists, but it sure is annoying to fly with the preview image displaying the red over subject items.

Been there done that bought the t-shirt. Lol. Apparently the red shows the areas that are in focus.

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense to me. The red is opaque, so you can not see the subject underneath. If it was a transparent color you could continue to fly. I’m not really sure what the purpose of the feature is besides to obscure what you’re filming.