Question about waypoints and altitude

I live in the mountains and I couldn’t find any information on elevation. As I set up waypoints and the elevation changes, is the elevation of the waypoint figured from the actual elevation or figured from where the mission started.
So if I start point at zero and elevate to 200 ft, fly to my next waypoint that is in reality 100 ft higher than the elevation of start point and I set my elevation at that waypoint to 200 ft am I going to be 100 ft above the ground or 200 ft?

Take off point is elevation zero, as far as the drone is concerned, where ever you actually are up the mountain.
All altitudes will now be measured from this zero point.
I always set waypoint 1 right up close to the take off point, and 1 metre higher, as a reference point.

So if I start point at zero and elevate to 200 ft, fly to my next waypoint that is in reality 100 ft higher than the elevation of start point and I set my elevation at that waypoint to 200 ft am I going to be 100 ft above the ground or 200 ft?

You will be 200 ft above take off point.

As long as you don’t have above ground selected for the Waypoints height

1 Like

In the Litchi app I don’t see an option to select WP elevation to above ground. So all altitude referencing is based on the take off point/Home elevation?

That above ground option does not seem to be available in the phone app.
If I set a waypoint as above ground in the PC software, it shows up as above ground in the phone app.

I can see it will be beneficial to plan missions on my computer. The link to accomplish that is where for windows 10?

Much easier to plan missions on the computer = avoids mistakes.

1 Like

It is much easier to plan missions on the phone, and it is immediately clear that if wp1 has a height of 70 meters, then this will be 70 meters from the take-off point, and there will be no more questions.

Totally agree with you on that one, way easier than on phone