[OPEN BETA] Litchi Pilot

i got the info to install the Amazon app store on my huawei.

is there any way to get the beta litchi pilot app as well on the amazon app store? i only do find the normal litchi app (which i already have on my iphone).

hope this will work, as i am really interested to test the waypoints on my mini 3 pro.

Hello ,
today another Test far away of any NFZ.
And this Time it works well !

Short Mission Tests.

So my first test must be on the Edge of a NFZ, for me not visibile on the Map.

4 Likes

Great news, please please please please can we have POI/Orbit mode ASAP? I an holding off a large commercial project until this is available. Thanks

1 Like

I recently purchased a Mini 3 and would like to test the beta version, but I don’t have the previous version of Litchi. Is there any release date scheduled for me to acquire the new app?

I tried to fly my first mission today using Litchi Pilot a simple rise up 30m then do a 7 point circle around takeoff point looking back at a POI placed at the takeoff point. Pushed the play button drone rose to about 2 metres then stopped and said “Flight Interrupted. The flight mode was changed.”

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andrew

Specs for testing
DJI Mini 3 Pro, Firmware 01.00.0600
DJI Fly App Version 1.10.6
Litchi Pilot Version 1.0.0_Beta-dji Build 125
Samsung A54 Phone , One UI Version 5.1, Android Version 13
DJI RC-N1 Controller Firmware 04.14.0600

1 Like

I do live in a Geo Lock Zone but have a year long clearance at this site. I have never had this happen with the Mini 1 but I’m starting to think because my Geo Unlock is 30m high and I’m flying to 30m maybe Litchi is saying “Nope, too close…” I’m going to recode the mission to 20m and see if that makes a difference. You are right though the top of screen is saying GPS I’ll keep an eye on it next time and see that it starts in Joystick Mode and when (if) it changes to GPS.

Thanks

Andrew

Ok this feels like a bug. I’m in a Geo Lock zone but have clearance, previous Litchi Apps with Mini 1 worked fine here. I changed my mission to 20m height but no difference.

I unloaded my authorization in DJI Fly then loaded it back…no difference.
I can using Litchi Pilot fly to the top of the Geo Lock envelope (30M in my case) manually it’s just when I try and run a plan that it fails saying it has been interrupted due to a switched flight mode.

Even before I take off the top of the screen will only say Tripod / GPS / Sport depending what mode I’m in but no Joystick mode.

Is this a bug? When I get a chance I’ll drive out of the Geo Zone and see if makes a difference.

As far as I know the “Authorization” is stored in the drone itself.
Was your drone (Mini 3) connected?

I was able to complete a simple mission today with 4 waypoints and a POI. Somewhat nerve racking since I’ve only had the Mini 3 Pro for a few days. Still, once I got the app connected it went smoothly, even the RTH. (But I stopped the mission before it landed, guess I should’ve just let it roll.)
Using a Galaxy S7. Looking forward to more features.

Yes I flew it with the Litchi Pilot app before and after I tried the mission…

Haven’t really nailed Geo Zone is the issue, will drive out of it and test same mission to see if works…

I have also had a suggestion to Force Stop DJI Fly even though it has been closed so will try that first…

I did test with 20 waypoints and all was OK, see link.
Using Mini 3 Pro.
The orientation (yaw) was on purpose as POI.

CAUSE OF “FLIGHT INTERRUPTED. FLIGHT MODE CHANGED” AND MISSION NOT RUNNING
So I trialed my mission outside the Geo Zone and it ran fine! So the Geo Zone appears to be causing the issue. I’m hoping Litchi can sort as even though when in a Geo Zone the mission won’t run you can still fly the drone manually using the Litchi Pilot (after you have gotten authority from DJI) so if you can fly it manually there must be something triggering the flight mode change in the mission scenario that Litchi can fix. Here’s hoping… I have also passed feedback via the app option.

I’m pretty sure when I had the Mini 1 I could use missions in my Geo Zone using Litchi so hopefully is just a bug that can be solved.

1 Like

Another feature that would be nice to implement. DJI Fly shows a circle round the shutter button indicating when you can next take a shot using 48MP still mode (important if doing 48MP Manual Panos)

Is this something you could look to incorporate?

Specs for testing
DJI Mini 3 Pro, Firmware 01.00.0600
DJI Fly App Version 1.10.6
Litchi Pilot Version 1.0.0_Beta-dji Build 125
Samsung A54 Phone , One UI Version 5.1, Android Version 13
DJI RC-N1 Controller Firmware 04.14.0600

Hi Gents. Sorry for question- personally I use iphone but just for my dji mini 3 and litchi I need buy some android- can someone advise me please what android be good just for mini 3 ? Nothing expensive- any huawei maybe?
Thanks for any reply

GEO ZONE WITH LITCHI PILOT A NO GO AT MOMENT DUE TO SDK LIMITATION
Just heard from Litchi Developers that latest SDK for the Mini 3 Pro is different than previous versions and…

“For flight safety, when the aircraft is close(about 30 meters) to the restricted flight zone or restricted distance, the remote controller will get the control of the aircraft, and the virtual stick cannot be used.”

Which is exactly what is happening to my missions. Litchi are waiting to hear back from DJI if there is anything that can be implemented to maybe change this.

3 Likes

Does the support for Mavic 3 series include the Mavic 3 Multispectral? I have seen other drone apps say they support the Mavic 3 Enterprise Series, only to find out they only support M3E and M3T.

I’m really liking the Litchi Pilot Beta version 125 on a RC-N1 with Samsung S10efor my Mini 3 Pro. The app crashes pretty rarely, and if I close and restart it I’ve always been able to resume control. For the most part what is in the new build works great; about 2/3rds of the time I’m seeing flawless flight/routes. I am pretty patiently looking forward to the incremental improvements that I’m sure will continue to amaze me.

Neverless, one thing I’d like to see ASAP is RTH and other elevation settings. The lack of me knowing my RTH settings and other elevation settings is preventing me from trying some adventurous elevation climbing routes in case I loose connection with the Mini 3 Pro. This is keeping my flights all pretty close for now.

We don’t have one so we did not test the app with it, however we do try to support it as it is similar in many ways to the M3E and M3T.

which ‘other elevation settings’ are you referring to?