No video stream on 32-bit version

Dear developers,

it appears, that litchi on 32-bit versions do not show the video stream on 32-bit devices.
I am sure, on one of my devices (Samsung A5), this worked in the past.

But after several updates, this does not work any more.

However, everything else is running on 32-bit devices: Litchi itself, and also all parameters are shown. The only thing not working is the video stream.

As I have installed other software like Rainbow and UgCS for testing purposes, also these do not show the video stream any more. However, these also have been updated in the past, and like Litchi, these also rely on DJI SDK.

I believe, this issue might be related to some lib*-dev, which are only 64-bit available, and which are only responsible for the video stream.

Maybe you can have a look at this and maybe it is possible to (if I am corect wit my idea), to build Litchi also against 32-bit libs used for video streaming.

The 64-Bit version is running perfectly, but the 32-bit version shows this bug.

Thank you for your efforts.

Best regards

Hans

There’s only one version and runs on both 32bit and 64bit devices.

No video feed problems with Mavic Air & Mini-1 with:
v4.24.0-a on 32bits Crystal Sky
v4.25.0-a on 32bits Crystal Sky
v4.26.0_Beta-g on 32bits NVIDIA Shield K1

Hmm, ok, if you say so, and I believe you of course, then there must be another reason, why the video stream is not shown. As the Samsung A5 should be fast enough to show a little video stream, the only thing I can imagine, might be the settings of the USB-interface.

Of course, there are not much options, which can be chosen in Android and it looks, this is also hardware dependent.

My search will go on…

Best regards

Hans

Hi TriBar,
can you take a look, on which Androis version your 32-bit (Crystal Sky and NVIDIA Shield K1) devices are running?

I have 32-bit Android 7, where there is no video stram, but on my Xperia Z (aso 32-bit), but running Android 9, it is working well. So, might be an Android vesion issue?

Best

Hans

NVIDIA Shield K1: Android 7.0
Crystal Sky: Android 5.1.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2: Android 7.0

Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 sounds interesting. Can you specify, whattype it is? There is mostly something like “SM-TXX”. Is it 7 inch or 10 inch?

I am asking, because I maybe buy me some used one.

Best

Hans

Samsung TAB S2 8" SM-T710

SoC:
Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5433

Processor:
Octa Core 1.9GHz, 1.3GHz
4x 1.9GHz ARM Cortex-A57, 4x 1.3GHz ARM Cortewx-A53

GPU:
ARM Mali-T760 MP6, 700MHz, 6 Cores

Display:
8.0 inch
2048 x 1536 pixels (QXGA)
Super AMOLED
16M colordepth, 24 bit
S Pen: No

Memory:
RAM: 3 GB, 825MHz
32 GB
MicroSD max 128 GB

Connectivity:
ANT+
USB 2.0
GPS, Glonass
Earjack 3.0 mm
MHL
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz + 5GHz, VHT80 MIMO
Wi-Fi Direct
Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HID, HOGP, HSP, OPP, PAN
NFC → No
PC Sync.: Smart Switch (PC version)

Sensors:
Accelerometer
Fingerprint sensor
Gyro sensor
Hall sensor
RGB sensor

Ah, cool. This explains it. The cpu is ARM 8 architecture, which is 64-bit. Maybe your android 7 is also 64-bit (I believe, from 7 to 8 was a change from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture by Google).

However, so there is one older Samsung, I can look at now at ebay.

In fact I am looking for a cheap 7 inch tablet, which runs litchi. As I said, I am sing a Samsung TM-280, which is 32-bit, Android 7. Everything works, except video stream, which is weired, as data like battery power, recieved sattellites and so on are shown in display. This means, there is data beeing transferred from the connector of the controller via cable to the mobile.
As this is serial, the video stream should be also sent using this way.

One explanation might be, that the device or the interface is just too slow. Weired…

Best

Hans

NVIDIA Shield K1:
NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 192 Core Kepler GPU 950MHz 32 bit
2.2 GHz ARM Cortex A15 Quad-Core CPU with 2 GB RAM (4 Cores)
Memory: 16GB
Android 7.0

Hi TriBar,

discovered the reason: The problem is the cable between controller and mobile.

On my Samsung Galaxy A5 (32-Bit) the application does not show the videostream (after some updates), but on my Samsung Galaxy S7 I got initialisation problems when litchi started (but not always!).

After exchanging the cable, on both mobiles Litchi is working stable and without any issues again. So, this problem is fixed.

On the other hand I am still crawling through ebay to find a CHEAP(!) tablet with 7,3 inch. But this has time, much time!!!

Best regards

Hans