Mini 2, problem with "follow mode" if the drone shoots from the front

Tell me, did you launch it from your hand or from the ground?

You are wrong
Max. speed mini 2
16 m/s =57 km/h. (mode S)
10 m/s = 36 km/h. (mode N)
6 m/s = 22 km/h. (mode C)
But as I wrote earlier, I was going to use this function at speeds up to 30 km/h. And the mini 2 features should be enough if the application works correctly.

I almost always launch with my hand and this time also with my hand.

Immediately under your message is my answer, I will not copy it, so as not to spam.

In S mode, it is impossible to enable follow mode

Then the height of the drone is not 4 meters, but only 2.5. For him, the earth is the starting point. Have you read the instructions?

Barometer not accelerometer - the honor 20 pro does not have one: Honor 20 Pro - Full phone specifications

1 Like

Yes, thanks, I get it. Today I turned off terrain mode and it became significantly more stable, BUT the distance when moving the drone forward, it still changes itself for shooting from the front, that is, from the side a distance of 6-7 meters was enough to keep me in the frame in full growth, and when I moved the drone forward, for some reason it shortened the distance to 2-3 meters and I did not visit the frame myself ā€¦ only the upper part of the trunk). And I also noticed that the position in the frame is not stable, even when the drone is on the side- then Iā€™m on the extreme right, then on the left, very rarely and for a short time I find myself in the middle, although I donā€™t change the speed. Is it possible to think over the tracking algorithm so that the drone calculates the average speed of the object and, taking this into account, builds the frame, as if a little ahead of the curve?

And if it stops, then the drone should stop at an average speed?

Take off from the ground and he will catch you better.

I tried all the settings again today, and nevertheless it didnā€™t work out to do what I want, namely, while moving from point to point during waypoints mode, the droneā€™s camera was automatically always aimed at the remote or mobile device by analogy with follow mode, I still had to adjust the camera manually several times to ensure that I was in the center of the frame (at least approximately), is it really so difficult to add the option - point of interest and/or camera focus to the remote/smartphone? I really hope for your answer, sorry that in this topic.

Ahoj!
Kde najdem a ako položku sledovaÅ„ terĆ©n? DĆ­k

Today, I was flying over a car with follow mode turned on, at an altitude of about 40 meters, and 10 meters behind, Iā€™m generally satisfied - at such a distance, the shift of the object in the frame is slightly leveled (at short distances, the eye often shifts from the center to the edge of the frame), BUT if the road is not straight, and there are turns on it, the drone camera often twitches when changing direction, that is, it does not smoothly shift, but too sharply. Is Litchi going to change that?
Here is a link to my video of this flight

I found a few more problems in follow mode

1. Settings: height of 3 meters, distance of 4 meters, ā€œfollow the courseā€ mode strictly from behind, I start to follow and for some reason the drone starts moving at 45 degrees from the course, crashing into a pole located 4 meters to the right, it can be seen in the video below (at the very beginning and at 83 seconds the drone almost flew into the pole again, although it should have followed from behind).
    2.The settings are the same. For some time (long), the drone follows behind and to the side of the object, while the object itself is out of the frame (27 seconds and 93 seconds in the video).
    Follow mode Litchi. Mini 2. - YouTube

Of course, there is a mini2 problem. On other drones, it follows noticeably better.

Try changing the angle on the compass. There is also an ā€œoffsetā€ parameter to make it smoother

I also recommend using adobe premier or power director to align the object to the center of the frame. It works out pretty well.

Absolutely right. Its my experience.