Long mission multiple drones and batteries

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible the following scenario…

• plot a really long mission (300 km) that I am going to do every month.
  • I own 3 (supported) drones, each with 3 batteries (Mini 2, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4).
  • I want to be able to resume the mission from a certain Waypoint (without deleting previous waypoints in the mission!!! because that takes time) and the drone to auto-adjust the altitude above ground as it is configured for each waypoint, after I take off from a new spot.
  • Because of weather conditions or not enough batteries … I may not be able to do it within the same day the entire mission and come back next day with charged batteries.

Some years ago I tried it to restart the mission from a waypoint, but something was wrong. Although the drone was suppose to be 30m above ground, it was about to crash into the land because, what I suspect, the „above ground” is a relative value. But I may have done something wrong at that time.

PS currently I am doing small mission. like 12 km… however, due to wind I may not be able to do the entire mission with one battery. … so, if battery runs out and only flew 10 km… the rest I have to do it manually.

Alli Express’ after-market non-OEM extra capacity batteries will give your Mavic 1 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro the capability to cruise for 34 minutes at 27 mph and thus cover 13 miles round trip.

I have tried the Ali Express batteries for the Mavic 1 Pro and the Mavic 2 Pro and would recommend them wholeheartedly. Here are buy links of the batteries, which are NOT sold directly to EU residents, meaning some ahem provision must be made to allow for that minor obstacle.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805358765455.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804680358577.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

On your other question regarding the resumption of flight plans at waypoints other than the launch point, I can only confirm that you have chosen the right forum to ask this question and that the issue will be addressed shortly by more knowledgeable Litchi users than yours truly.

Yes, that is possible. I would question the reasoning behind it, but sure, that is certainly possible.

Yes, you can start a mission at any waypoint in the mission (except for the last one).

The “Above Ground” option uses elevation data to place the drone the specified distance above ground. However, for this to work properly, the ground level under the first waypoint must be at the same elevation of the take-off location. This will be the most difficult aspect of your mission. When you restart the mission at a various waypoints, I am assuming that you will be taking off from various locations along the mission. Unless you are flying in a very flat area, you will need to do some extra calculations to make this work.

Mad_Pup is our resident expert in long waypoint missions.

Thanks for the tips. I will explore getting some more batteries. I always drive along with the drone, keeping it in front of me. I do not do a round trip.

Thank you for your answer.

For the reasoning behind it, let’s just say it is an expensive hobby, filming infrastructure development, which I have been doing for the last decade.

I am just trying to make it more autonomous and trouble free this experience.

As the land is not flat, like I have experienced in the past, was hoping to find a workaround, without deleting waypoints. It seems that deleting the waypoints before the start of another flight is the only way to go at the moment, unless someone else has another trick.