Litchi Waypoint app with the DJI Inspire 2

I am enjoying the Litchi Waypoint app with the DJI Inspire 2. It makes the flights very efficient. The app is showing the map and waypoints, and the FTP camera view. I really need to see the gimble camera’s view. How do see this?

Have you tried setting ‘Gimbal Mode’ to ‘Free’ ?

I don’t understand your distinction between “FTP camera view” and “gimbal camera view”. Does the Inspire 2 have two cameras from which to choose?

Yes. The Inspire 2 has 2 cameras. I launched it last night from my backyard and switched apps on the iPad monitor between Litchi and DJI Go, with no issues. Litchi displays the map and FTP camera view and DJI Go shows the gimbal camera, plus I was able to manually set the aperture and shutter speed .

Can you explain what FTP stands for please ?

1 Like

So I’m not the only one who doesn’t know what an “FTP camera is”. The only thing that comes to mind is “File Transfer Protocol”.

Sorry, FPV is what I meant to say. The first person view camera. Thanks for asking

1 Like

I don’t know anything about the Inspire 2 but here are a couple things you can try. At the bottom of Litchi settings you can configure the C1/C2 buttons. There are a few options worth trying:

Toggle 2nd Video Feed: Shows/hides the secondary video feed. Android only.
Toggle Mobile Device Camera (VR): In VR mode, use this to switch between the drone’s camera view and the mobile device’s camera view. Useful if your goggles expose the mobile device’s camera to the outside.
Switch Camera Lens: For cameras with multiple lenses (H20, H20T, M2EA), switches between the different camera lenses.

I have no idea if any of these will work but they are the only things I can think of trying.

For drones with dual cameras, this is the only option available that I can find.

Outstanding. THANK YOU. I’m fixin’ to try out a couple of techniques this afternoon. I will let y’all know.
My monitor is an iPad…

Litchi has so many more options for the C1 and C2 buttons… I’m grateful for you directing me there. I have found the easiest way to switch views to the gimbal camera is to launch DJ Go after takeoff. It shows the gimbal view, then switch back to Litchi and start the mission.

I’m glad you found a work-around and let us know. It may help the next person with this same question.