Lack of waypoint accuracy

I’ve been testing the beta version for some, I created a mission using “mission hub” with a simple task

• climb to a height of 5m, rotate the drone to a certain position and take a photo
    Then raise the drone to 25m, move to the next point, rotate the drone and gimbal to a determined position!

I tried taking photos manually and getting the coordinates from the images, and even so, every time I try to execute a mission the drone compares differently!

I’ve already tried to calibrate the heartbeat and the IMU, but it still lacks precision when executing the mission, I believe it’s a glitch in the app or the lack of precision on the DJI mini 3

It’s difficult to tell from your snapshots what the GPS error is. How far would you estimate the error to be?

The images from “airdata.com” were taken manually just to capture positioning and altitude information from the drone, with this data I created a mission using “mission hub”. “Mission Hub - Litchi”.
I didn’t attach the images taken on the mission but every time I try to execute a mission it happens in a different way, the drone has no precision in its positioning!

I’m still curious how the actual flight path differed from the programmed mission. This would be easy to compare by doing the following:

1. Convert the AirData CSV file to a Litchi mission using my AirData converter.
  2. Export the following into Google Earth Pro:
    a. Original Litchi Mission
    b. Converter AirData CSV file
  3. Clamp both missions to ground and measure the difference between the two.

The above steps will provide the actual difference in feet/meters between the programmed waypoints and the flown flight path. If you would like help with this, let me know.

While a GPS location can be specified with great precision, the accuracy of flying to that GPS location is something less than perfect. Simply stating the accuracy for GPS can be difficult because there are many different types of GPS and many things that affect its accuracy. This is probably why one finds so many different GPS accuracy values quoted on-line.

Smartphones tend to use assisted GPS (A-GPS) which combines traditional GPS signals with cellular network data to increase the location accuracy. Therefore, smartphone position accuracy is generally better than that of devices using standard consumer GPS.

Like many consumer devices, DJI drones use what is called “Consumer GPS”. Depending on your source, the accuracy of consumer GPS implementations is anywhere between ± 3 to 8 meters (10 - 26 feet). However, DJI states the horizontal positioning accuracy of their older drones to be around ± 1.5 m (Mavic 2, Air 2s) and their newer drones to be ± 0.5 m (Mini 3, Mini 4, Mavic 3). I have flown literally 100s of waypoint missions and DJI’s stated accuracy corresponds well to what I have experienced when flying and repeating my waypoint missions. I have never experienced a waypoint mission to be anywhere near 8 meters (26 feet) off of the drone’s intended course.