Just tried FPV mode... Wow!

Hello all! Well, after installing Litchi for Android, I just flew my first FPV flight with my DJI Mini 2 and it was pretty amazing. After flying FPV quads for a while, it was a lot different in not having to constantly keep moving and not needing a large open area to fly in was a plus also.

I can’t seem though to get the joystick mode to re-center after turning my head back to the front facing position. But immersive mode worked much better anyway. Is there any way to change the resolution of the screen as it seemed a bit grainy to me. I guess that might be some pixilation caused by viewing the screen so close. I guess I was hoping for a clear digital FPV experience.

All in all, I had a great time with my Mini flying FPV. Thanks Litchi for making this possible! :+1: :+1:

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for waking me up. I for some reason thought it was a Litchi thing.

1 Like

Well, I checked the phone’s screen size and it is set at the highest setting of 2880x1440. So I guess there is nothing I can do about the grainy resolution unless there is actually something I can change in Litchi.

The post also mentioned being able to control the Zoom and Pixel settings, so if the FPV image seemed grainy, maybe you can fix that.

1 Like

Thanks Steve! I had not used the developer mode in a while but I was able to find the pixel setting and switched from 360 to 400 and that made a big difference. I tried 480 but the text was way too small.

Now if Litchi could automatically change the pixel settings while in FPV mode to 480 while in use and back to 360 when the FPV was turned off that would be great. Hint hint. :wink:

1 Like

I made the same, but you can change the font (minimum) size. It works.

2 Likes

Thanks for that tip. I will try that out.

@Paolo_Zebelloni, Again I thank you for that tip. I was able to set the DPI to 480 and the font size to the largest as well as setting the font to the bold type. I am looking forward to trying out the FPV again now.

1 Like

Nice feedback , thank you !
Pls . what you think moving the mini2 gimbals using your head … does it work great ? so you did horizontal and vertical moves right ?

Helder

The gimbal only moves up and down on my Mini 2 but it works really well in my opinion with the goggle movement. I have the gimbal on my Mini 2 set to a slow speed but that could be adjusted to your own preference.

Fantastic , thanks for your return … I am already looking for a good VR glasses !!! :wink: :grinning:

1 Like

To clarify something I said earlier, with Litchi in VR mode, the gimbal movement is only up and down. Before you buy your VR goggles, you should watch this video. He has some great advice on using Litchi in VR mode and take note of the type of goggles he uses. Specifically, the type that has a removeable section where your phone’s camera lens can be uncovered for a dual view. The video explains what I mean. I have goggles made by “VR Box” that has a sliding panel which is convenient in that the panel won’t get lost.

Here is the video… DJI Mini2 VR With Litchi beta - YouTube

2 Likes