IOS & Mini 2 Compatibility

When I will able use Litchi for my Mini 2 with IOS ?

We have to wait for DJI to release the SDK, DJI is targetting the iOS release for 31st march 2022.

As many of you probably knoiw, the IOS litchi app became available in the Apple App Store on March 12. I downloaded it and it works fine.
I might recommend uninstalling the DJI Fly app from your device before installing and first connecting the litchi app to your RC and drone. After all that works, you can re-install DJI Fly. And with both apps installed, I have found that DJI Fly automatically loads and opens every time you connect and turn on the RC, so you have to close that app and open litchi to fly litchi.

Pls explain why you recommend DJI Fly reinstall, thx.

can’t you just remove DJI fly app as the default app in IOS like you can in Android?

can’t you just remove DJI fly app as the default app in IOS like you can in Android?

With my iPad connected to the RC, the DJI app lights up as soon as I turn on the RC, sort of like autoplay does for music and video files. I don’t see anywhere in the DJI app Settings to turn this off, and God knows if IOS, itself, will allow you to modify that behavior. So I took the easy route for the litchi installation. Trivial to uninstall and reinstall apps.

Pls explain why you recommend DJI Fly reinstall, thx.
And you need the DJI app installed so you can modify certain settings that are stored in the drone, settings that the litchi app does not address, like stick mode, EPS, Advanced Gimbal Settings, firmware updates, etc. At least I haven’t found how to modify these settings from within litchi.

1 Like

in Android its in the phone settings under default apps, I’m sure there must be something similar in ios

I’m sure there must be something similar in ios

One would think, but Apple loves to be obtuse about such things. There is nothing called “apps” or “default aps” that I can see in the iPhone Settings for the standard IOS load. Clearly there is a way to automatically launch an app based on an event, because DJI has done just that. But I don’t see any way for a user to turn that behavior off. There is a downloadable app called “Shortcuts” that has an “automations” feature that might be able to configure the DJI app, but I don’t have that loaded. So I’m just going to have to live with this behavior unless someone out there knows more than I do. …