Home vs WP1 altitude

Hi Wes, yes I realized that my assumption that WP1 would magically adjust to the ground elevation difference to the take off point is a bit far fetched. Yet technically not impossible, considering the fact that ground elevation awareness is part of the mission hub but has not been implemented in the app. I wished they would implement this so that we could be more flexible with the take off point on uneven ground. Manual last minute corrections of a mission in the field are prone to even more errors.

BTW, like your Spiral Mission Maker and the Airdata conversion tool. Regarding the second in fact I was looking for a tool that could convert a flight path to a new mission.

1 Like

Export your mission to Google Earth and view it there as a sanity check if you have the correct altitudes.

1 Like

This is great advice, especially if you are flying a new mission for the first time. Google Earth Pro will show the flight path at its actual, configured elevation. However, because (the height of) your home point at your take-off location has not yet been established, the actual height of your drone when flown can deviate from what is shown in Google Earth. This is why it is suggested to locate waypoint 1 near (in height) your take-off location.

This is what I usually do. However when on site home point and wp1 differ in ground elevation this does not help, as wesharris pointed out.

@TriBar I noticed that the 2nd sentence in the Altitude Mode instructions is incomplete.

Here you go.

1 Like

I can’t be the only one that finds some of the terminology in the Litchi manual requires a more detailed explanation. I would also suggest as an update or addition to the manual that when it comes to the overall settings, various modes like follow me, Panarama etc should contain a link or qr code that would take you to a video tutorial on that particular option. Like it or not a lot of people do not like reading manuals and react and learn better from actually watching a video tutorial. I have the DJI and Litchi manual printed out and carry them with me but I also have links to various YouTube videos on both of them. The trouble with the various YouTube videos however is that they can differ depending on the end user who created them. I’d like to see video tutorials created by the programmer who created the app and who knows it inside out. Just my 10cents worth… .

1 Like