Getting smooth, easy orbits

Thank you, I wasnt aware of that. And I didnt have the courage to test it during the flight :slight_smile:

Back to the stabilization.

The stabilization approach in post processing works well enough for my needs for now. Linking some resources I used:
The following post from the shotcut forum is useful - although some of its explanations are wrong:

If you want to know the settings better, here is the project which it is based on - and it explans what the settings control better:

So as a concluding remark for this thread here is what I do to get smooth orbits on a Mini 2 using Litchi app:

1. Before using litchi, in the DJI FLy app set the Normal mode Max yaw rate as ~15 degrees per second and smoothness 15 or more

2. Switch to the Litchi app and use a reasonably slow radial velocity when orbiting - say 6 degrees per second (60 seconds for 1 full orbit) or lower.

1. I use Radius and Altitude to be ~50m each when I wanted a lot of surrounding area to be in frame. For capturing more scenery drop your altitude so that your camera pitches up more (compared to 50m altitude). As always, keep an eye out for obstacles.
    2. Keep the video of the orbit isolated if possible - ie dont make the orbit a part of a long video capture - let the video clip begin when the orbit begins and end when the orbit ends with about 2 seconds of buffer at either end
      1. If you want to cut video without having to re-encode it (and lose quality) - use LosslessCut
  3. Use shotcut (free, open source video editor) and apply the stabilize filter. I have settled on the following values, generally using the higher end of these values if the video has large jitters:

Analyze Options:
    Shakiness = 4-6
    Accuracy = 5-6
    Filter Options:
    Zoom: 0% (dont crop the video)
    Smoothing: 15-60

2 Likes