Gesture Control

Hi,

just a question.

Does the DJI Mini 2 got “gesture control”? I do not mean, controlling the gimble with the screen.

What I mean, is controlling via hand signs like “palm” or “2 fingers up” or “2 fingers left/right” like other drones are capable.

If no, then ok. If yes, will it be implemented in litchi app?

Thanks for any feedback.

Best regards

Hans

I think gesture mode is only available on Air, Mini and Spark.
Your manual can confirm if its available on the Mini 2.

I found this one:

---- snip ----

1. Gesture Control Gestures:

Once gesture control mode is activated, stand in front of the DJI Mini 2 and make sure it recognizes your face.
    Raise your arm and wave at the camera in a clear and visible manner.
    The DJI Mini 2 will recognize the gesture and enter gesture control mode.
    You can now control the camera by making specific hand gestures:
    Raising and lowering your palm in front of the camera adjusts the altitude of the drone.
    Making a framing gesture with your fingers (forming a rectangle) captures a photo.
    Making a larger framing gesture records a video.
    Moving your hand from side to side pans the camera left or right.

Gesture control offers a convenient and intuitive way to control the camera without needing external devices. It allows you to be in the frame while capturing photos and videos or capture shots from unique perspectives without holding the remote controller.

Keep in mind that gesture control has certain limitations. It may not be suitable in situations with poor lighting or when there are obstacles between you and the drone. It’s always recommended to have a backup remote controller or mobile device to ensure full control over the DJI Mini 2.

By utilizing gesture control, you can take stunning shots and videos with ease and convenience, adding a touch of creativity to your aerial photography experience.

---- snap ----

This means, the Mini 2 is capable of gesture controls. I saw, litchi has a switch for activating gesture control, but it is not clear, that this is also activating the camera recognition.

Maybe the developers of litchi can give a short answer.

Best

Hans

1 Like

Litchi does NOT have a setting (switch) called “Gesture Control”.

It has an Aircraft Setting Called “Gimbal Gesture Control”.

Read the Settings-section of the Online User Guide:

1 Like

Hi Hans,

Alrighty, let’s dive right into your question about the DJI Mini 2 and its features. So, you’re curious about gesture control, right? That’s a pretty nifty feature in drones these days, where you can control them with just a flick of your hand or a specific gesture. But, here’s the scoop on the DJI Mini 2: as of my last update, this little bird doesn’t come with gesture control. Yeah, I know, a bit of a bummer.

You see, gesture control is like giving your drone a secret handshake, but the DJI Mini 2 isn’t in on that secret yet. It’s more of a traditionalist, relying on its controller or smartphone for directions. You mentioned not meaning the gimbal control via the screen, and that’s exactly what the Mini 2 sticks with – the good old-fashioned way.

Now, about the Litchi app. Litchi’s a cool app that adds some extra pizzazz to flying drones, but as far as integrating gesture control into the Mini 2 through Litchi, well, that’s a bit of a grey area. Implementing such a feature would require some serious technical gymnastics, and as of now, there’s no official word on whether Litchi plans to bring this magic trick to the Mini 2.

So, to sum it up, the DJI Mini 2 is staying old school for now, without the hand-waving wizardry of gesture control. And the Litchi app? Well, it’s like waiting for a surprise guest at a party – we can hope, but there’s no guarantee they’ll show up with the feature in tow.

Hope that helps clear things up! If you’ve got any more questions or need further info, feel free to give a shout!

Best regards,
Taimour