Flight stopped without cause

If you notice the ‘attitude’ indicator, it appears that you were fighting a western wind condition for the entire flight.
FlightLog

At 7m 12.5s the speed starts to drop from 17 mph down to 5 mph in just 2 seconds and the attitude indicator at 7m 13s indicates a pitch down.

At 7m 27.5s you switched to Sport mode and flew home.

I’m sure other pilots can give more details about what happened. My suspicion is wind related.

Yes, there was wind. But I don’t understand why it stops and doesn’t continue afterwards. Does the Air2s have any system that causes the flight to be canceled due to strong winds? No type of notice appeared in the Lichi application.
Thank you.

One detail that I forgot to mention is that when the flight fails, it always does so at the same point, that is, if I repeat the flight three times, the stop is always at the same point.

Would you share the mission from the Mission Hub?
If you’re not familiar with how to do it, this will help.

Of course. If you go to the first message, below is a link to the mission.

You’re right, my apology. :laughing: I dont see anything wrong with the mission that would cause it to always stop at that point. Sorry that I dont have any more useful info for you

Thank you anyway. I will keep trying things.

Is it possible for you to move that mission to a new location and fly it?

Yeah. I will do several tests. If I discover any relevant data I will comment. :+1:

This sounds very similar to a signal loss issue mentioned a while back. Here is a link. Watch the video on YouTube.

1 Like

I wondered that too. The flight log shows a distance to home of <200 ft when the problem started. And the max distance from Home throughout the mission was <600 ft. It appears to be a wide open field. I know there are people that are much better at diagnosing problems like this than me. I hope they might lend a hand.

I have had the same thing happen to me last fall and once returned home I sent drone back to last position and was able to complete the mission from there. I too don’t have an explanation as to why this happens on my Air2S.

The mystery of waypoint 135.
Today I have done tests again. I have flown the mission as it was and it has failed again in the same place (135).
Then I have copied and moved 100m. to the east and the mission has been completed perfectly. Before making the flights I have calibrated the aircraft.
I have also flown similar missions in the same place today and they all went perfectly. :thinking: :thinking:

Did you fly your original mission again, in the original place that gave you problems at Waypoint 135 after calibration? I wasnt quite sure if you had. I hope everything is good with future flights.

Yes, but moving it relatively little has gone well.

I’m also struggling with a similar problem. I have a mission that pauses indefinitely at the same point. I’ve gone through the flight logs and haven’t noticed any big issues like signal loss or low number of satellites so it has puzzled me.

One thing I did try and seemed to have limited success was changing the mission from curved lines to straight lines. When I do this the mission seems to work. Obviously it’s not what I want because I would prefer continuous smooth lines between waypoints rather than pauses at each waypoint, but maybe this is another clue to why some missions pause forever?

Hello Stew. At the beginning I also used the option of straight lines between waypoints, but since it stopped at each one it was not a valid option.
This may have something to do with it, but that can only be cleared up by the LIchi team.

One of the primary things that DJI warns about is signal interference. It can cause many of the weird drone behaviors that people talk about. One big difference between signal loss and certain types of interference is the intermittent behavior of the drone.

Signal loss of over 6 seconds causes a RTH in most fly app drones (excluding Mavic 3’s that can now upload the missions to the drone), but intermittent interference can cause a “stop and go” effect.

Also the timing of the interference can change, especially if it is communication based. This is why it is often recommended to move to a different area and then try the same mission again if you get inconsistant results.

Another thing that can affect the drones behavior is the obstacle avoidance sensors. Sometimes flying into the sun can cause the drone to just stop and seem to wait.

1 Like

Just a thought… If it was only in WP 135, and when you copied the whole mission over to a new location and it worked fine… That smells a bit of data corruption; a bad bit somewhere that was fixed with a rewrite/elsewhere?

You have “above ground” enabled for waypoint 134