First Litchi mission a success!

I am happy to say that my first mission which was only a short trial run was a success. It was a lot of fun watching the whole thing and seeing my Mini 2 flying on it’s own. Now for bigger and better things. :grinning:

3 Likes

Only a fellow drone flier appreciates the feeling of satisfaction that comes from seeing a drone faithfully follow its programmed flight path with no operator input needed. Now you’ve seen this awesome capability at work, you will be inspired to create more complex waypoint missions that range further out.

2 Likes

I guess there is always a little extra excitement involved due to the crash and flyaway factors.

1 Like

Flyaways and crashes are a concern even when the drone is within line of sight. Matter of fact, the chances of losing one’s drone during a Litchi mission are minimal, provided that the altitudes are set high enough to clear all trees, buildings, and structures.

My initial recon flights are typically flown at 240 feet AGL to guarantee at least 20 feet of clearance above all cellphone towers. I then review that initial footage and mark the positions of all cellphone towers so that the flight path can be adjusted to avoid them entirely. With all obstacles taken into account, I lower the altitude down to 150 feet AGL, for the perfect compromise between ground visibility and situational awareness.

Whenever I fly an older Litchi mission, I start back up at 240 feet AGL just in case any new cellphone towers had been constructed since my last flight in that area. With over 3,000 miles of fully autonomous Litchi waypoint flights logged thus far, my flight planning technique has not resulted in one single mishap, knock on my wooden noggin.

2 Likes

Just be careful with using the AGL check box on waypoint missions. The AGL is altitude above the first way point, not where the aircraft is traversing during the mission. Suggest flying higher than normal until you know the height of all known obstacles.

1 Like

Hi Greywoulf, glad to hear you’ve joined the club with your first auto flight. Many more to come!
Most of my vids have been with auto, check out my YTchannel: MavicMeister29. It will show you what can be done with Litchi and a well planned mission. Had my M1Pro since 2017, great bit of kit, now partnered with the Mini2, another great piece of kit.

1 Like

The “Above Ground” option is very handy when flying in an area with uneven terrain. Still, there is a lot of confusion around this option and how to use it properly. So, I have put together some documentation to help describe its use.

2 Likes

Thank you Wes & Rich 1 for the very helpful information!! I have bookmarked it for future reference.