DJI phantom 4 pro v2.0 problems connecting to android

I am using Litchi to fly my DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 but we are having a problem connecting the drone to a android phone. We have tried using multiple cords, and have even try to fly it with a different tablet.
Nothing will connect.
I did get an error message once saying that it could not connect to the DJI servers.

We did use an apple phone and downloaded the DJI Go app, and the drone connected and was flying.

What is wrong here. Does anyone know?

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the Litchi forum.

The first time you connect the Litchi app to your drone, you must have network access. See this paragraph from the user’s guide:

When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers. Registration with DJI servers can be done without being connected to a DJI drone. The registration is done in the background, if the registration failed you will be notified with an error popup. Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend’s connection, public wifi, etc).

1 Like

I had one of the guys that works for me use his apple phone and download the litchi app, we logged in under my name and it connected right away and worked. It flew the drone mission and took the pictures like it was intended to.
I suppose there is a problem some how or some way, now I guess I will have to buy a apple tablet just to fly the drone.

so where did you get the version that was causing the problem

1 Like

It was from the android app, the app worked successfully back 8 months ago.
It seems this is something from DJI, not Litchi. The DJI GO 4 app is not even available for android users at this time.