Dji mavic air 2s problem with the waypoint

hi greetings to all, previously I was a mavic 2 pro user, but due to an incident when my wapoint drone crashed and fell into a river and disappeared. so I wanted to buy a Mavic 2 Pro again, but apparently it was discontinued, so my other option was to buy a Mavic Air 2s because I read on the litchi page, the Mavic Air 2s already supports litchi.
when carrying out the mission that I usually use on the Mavic 2 Pro, all missions run smoothly from start to finish without any problems, but when I use the Mavic Air 2s there are problems in several missions, the obstacles are all the same, namely the drone stops at a certain point does not want to continue its mission even though the mission is not finished. I have tried to repeat the mission many times, but the drone stops at that point and cannot complete the mission.
is this a bug for the mavic air 2s or are there separate provisions in this mavic air2s mission because this mission is usually used on the mavic 2 pro.
thank you I’m waiting for an answer from this problem

Welcome @andioges_litchi
The Mavic 2 Pro and the Air 2S are both supported by Litchi, yes that is true. But, they are vastly different as far as the drone themselves.
The Mavic 2 Pro stored Waypoint missions in the drone and would complete them autonomously.
The Air 2S does not operate that same way. It is a ‘Virtual Stick Control’ drone and gets all of its movements from the controller. If the Air 2S loses contact with the controller it will typically stop, possibly backtrack and try to regain contact with the controller again. In the end, it will Return To Home if you have that option set in the drone (that option is set using the DJI Fly app).
Distance between controller and drone can cause communication problems, along with buildings, trees, etc. The Air 2S is a fine drone, but in a different class from the Mavic 2 Pro.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right, it’s quite different between the two.
maybe because the home point is too far huh? if the drone and remote are not far away because in its mission I follow the drone from behind on a motorbike.
and one more thing, can it be set for the heading when carrying out a mission? For example, on the Mavic 2Pro, we can move the stick to adjust the camera heading position during the mission, while on the Mavic Air 2s, I can’t do this. if the mission continues the heading that should be the center can change more to the left or right with varying angles

You can when you set ‘Heading mode’ to ‘Manual (UC)’ in the mission settings.

Also read this topic:

The Mavic 3 (or it´s variants) has Virtual Stick Commands (VSC) ou it stores waypoints in the aircraft like Mavic 2?

Litchi is NOT compatible with Mini 2 SE, Mini 3 and Mavic 3 as DJI has not released a developer SDK for these drone models yet

The Mavic 3 has firmware-supported waypoints, not virtual-stick waypoints. The difference between the Mavic 2 and the Mavic 3 is that DJI has released the SDK for the Mavic 2 but not for the Mavic 3. Therefore, the Mavic 2 is supported by Litchi but the Mavic 3 is not.