DJI has released MSDK 5.3.0 with support for Mini 3 Pro and Mini 3

I’m waiting with bated breath as well. :+1:t2:

dronelink fly autonomous. I used to fly autonomous with my mini 3 pro & RC PRO & dronelink

1 Like

Are you kidding me? Are you telling me that with Dronelink you can fly your Mini 3 beyond the signal range of the RC controller?? I cannot believe my ears. I must be hallucinating.

Let me rephrase this question. If you send your Mini 3 on a waypoint mission using Dronelink, can you turn OFF the RC controller and STILL see the Mini 3 complete the whole waypoint sequence without heading straight for home the instant you turn off the controller ??

IF indeed your reference to autonomous flight means that with Dronelink the Mini 3 WILL complete waypoint missions EVEN IF the controller is switched OFF, it follows that ALL waypoint GPS data IS stored on board the Mini 3 BEFORE it departs on waypoint missions, which in turn logically implies that under Litchi AS WELL the Mini 3 will ALSO fly waypoint missions beyond the range of the RC controller, just as the Mavic 2 and older drones can do.

Please write back sir, because I am dusting off my champagne glasses in anticipation of a resounding YES answer from you in response to my questions posed above.

Wes Barris, I trust you are following this thread because a Eureka moment SEEMS to be imminent here, though I will, for now, refrain from leaping about like a right looney, pending confirmation from Helio Vasconselos, whose affirmative response will instantly bestow upon him the revered status of a seer and sage of the drone world, with all rights and privileges implied.

Please define “autonomous”. The Mini 3 [Pro] does not have the required functionality to fly fully-autonomous missions. Instead, it flies waypoint missions via a constant connection to the controller.

I know that you are very very eager to hear that your Mini 3 will some day be able to fly fully autonomous missions. I don’t want to sound negative but the ability for a drone to fly fully autonomous missions is firstly dependent on the drone, not the software, not the MSDK, and not the controller. Yes, all of those things must work together but the first update that needs to occur for fully autonomous missions is that the drone itself needs to be able to support them. Whether that is through a firmware update or something more, only DJI knows. My point is, that a change to the MSDK or to LItchi by itself will not bring fully autonomous missions to the Mini 3 unless the Mini 3 is first made to support onboard waypoint missions.

Again, I have no desire to be the bringer of bad news. But, I see so many of your posts displaying the wishful thinking that some day, somehow, the Mini 3 will be able to fly onboard waypoint missions. Unless DJI makes some sort of upgrade to the Mini 3, I don’t see that happening.

2 Likes

The Mini 3 has no internal waypoint capabilities (beyond those integral to Hyperlapse). All other waypoint actions are via joystick mode and require connectivity with the app/controller. Period.

1 Like

Drat and double drat. I feel like the guy whose elation over scoring the phone number of the most beautiful woman in the bar, was doused by the later discovery that she gave me the number to the local laundromat.

2 Likes

would you have a list of apps that are already working fpv vr on dji mini 3 pro? because litchi doesn’t update or give news.