"disconnected" during flight. What to do?

What was the speed of the car?

Thats weird., i never had any issues using litchi and im actually using IOS version and might be the android version had made the difference.,by default, RTH will kicked-in once disconnection happens for atleast 10sec, for me that incident coz by technical error between remote and the drone., i would suggest to reset the settings by default on your litchi then try it once more to see if the issue still persist.,coz that error is an isolated case that never happend to others…

If this happens again, try activating your DJI Fly app without turning off the remote. That should enable you to control the drone as usual.

Remembering that if the drone is 20 meters below the radio with Dynamic RTH, and it loses the Radio signal, it will land where it is, it was probably the case that it almost landed on the tree.

I am going to try Follow with Controller attached to motorcycle handlebars using QuadLock RAM mount option within a week or so. Plan separate mounts of controller and phone - so controller can be rotated to point at location drone should be flying most of the time. At least that is the plan….

Mini 2
iPhone app version

1 Like

Something similar to this happened to me with my AIR 2S. I use an Ipad as my device. I had set it to follow my controller and i had crossed a busy intersection when suddenly it disconnected. Oh shit! I puled over at a gas station i needed to goto coincidently and thank god i could see the drone perfectly. I closed the app, re-opened and it was still saying disconnected. EXCEPT i was able to control the drone manually perfectly fine. The RTH button on the controller did not work. I was only able to manually fly it but that was good enough to get it back to me and safely on the ground. This exact scenario has happened to me around 3 times for reasons I have no idea why. I always suspected it had something to do with the USB Cable but I’ve tried different cables, so my guess switched to maybe the USB connection itself got loose and caused a short circuit and the iPad or the controller didn’t know how to handle it, and neither did litchi. Granted, this has never happened in DJI Fly App.

Try in dji fly also move at the same speed with the remote control and control the drone.

I was driving not faster than 30km/h.