Android Device Not Compatible

Hi,
My first post here and new to droning.
Unfortunately I can’t get past step 1 …
Trying to purchase / download Litchi for DJI on to my Android Smart Phone.
I’m running on Android v.11
But, getting the message Device Not Compatible
Is it my device or something else ?
Any help please ?

Which phone do you have

Hi Jerbear
10Pro PLUS … I bought it specifically to use with the drone as I didn’t want to damage my usual smart phone ‘in the field’ but it is Android

From where are you trying to purchase / download the Litchi app?

This might help too:

None Known Issues in Litchi 4.26.2 on Android: Startup crash on some android devices (Samsung A13, Moto G Pure, etc). This is a bug in the latest DJI SDK version, we will update Litchi as soon as DJI fixes the crash. If your device is affected, please use 4.25.0 in the meantime

Hi Sam,

I’m using / trying to use Google Play to purchase Litchi

I must admit, I’m now beginning to think it’s the device that I’ve bought to load the app on rather than a Litchi issue ?!

Could you please direct me to the 4.25.0 version for a last try ?

Thanks

@David_Miller ,

The link is in the message… “please use 4.25.0”
4.25.0 holds the link.

Here is some other info, if you want to try it. Clear Play Store Cache.

Pull down the notification bar on your Android device and hit the gear-shaped settings icon, or find “settings” in the application tray. From here navigate to Apps, or App Manager. Then scroll down and find Google Play Store. Select this, and tap Clear Cache or Data as shown below.

This should erase everything, and get rid of any corrupt files that seem to be causing this problem.

Sam you are a star and you’ve answered that brilliantly in a way that I understand. I will try all those tips and see if I make progress, thank you

1 Like

Don’t know how you made out, but I found my android 13 file system is not friendly to these kind of apps. Litchi Pilot cant access the waypoint missions from litchi because of this.

Hi,

Thanks to all of those that took the interest to read or reply.

I have an update and slightly embarrassing ?

It appears the situation has been caused by my brand new sparkly 6.5 inch smart phone. it would appear it was running some pony copy version of Android.

Frustrating as DJI don’t seem totally transparent in stating that a new drone has to be activated before it will fly and that their Apps will only work with a few specific phones (even branded phones) !!! Very annoyed that potentially I am expected by DJI to spend another £300 for a used compatible phone to fly my drone !!!

My solution was to get a friend to activate it and then purchase a branded phone to run Litchi on.

It’s got me airborne and filming and enjoying my drone.

Who would have thought that every phone and every manufacturer appears to use different makes of Android ???

Thanks guys