Active track loses an object almost always

Mini 2, Android. Why don’t developers solve the problem with the very poor performance of the “active track” function (not GPS)? This mode almost never works normally - it constantly loses the object, in all internal modes, with the flyby of the object, it’s generally a disaster, the drone starts to increase the radius itself, loses the object and behaves inadequately, flying a considerable distance from the object, as an example, I set a radius of 8 meters, height of 3 meters, walking, and after 10 seconds I see that the drone is already 20-25 meters away from me, flying chaotically - it lost me, it flies into a tree, it’s scary! The DJI application has no problems with this, their tracking of the selected object in smart functions works fine and the circle and the spiral and the rocket and the rest do not lose the object. (extremely rare)

I purchased the app for this function.
Sadly It has been a waste of money with a Mini 2 and a Samsung S20+

Even with high contrast clothing It’s unable to track reliably.

1 Like

Activetrack litchi

Про какой режим вы говорите?

I agree. The track mode is the reason I bought the app, and its performance is atrocious. I have tried it in low light, broad daylight, high contrast, low contrast… Tracking vehicles? Almost instantly loses the lock and tracks the road. People? It drifts from person to person and the moment they change angles it’s gone.

I had high hopes for the feature but it’s currently just about useless. I would really like to see it improved.

Bohužel musím souhlasit. Funkce Track je u Mini 2 téměř nepoužitelná :grimacing: Během pár okamžiků ztrácí kontakt se zvoleným objektem. V podstatě nezáleží na okolních podmínkách.

It works great for me.

good morning, i have a problem with the lichi app. I bought it mainly to track me. when i launch it on s22 ultra my dji mini 2 turns the other way and watches whatever it wants but me. last time he took off and immediately flew into the bushes … the sticks were not touched. please help me solve the problem. searched. forum. but i didn’t find anything specific.

https://forum.flylitchi.com/search?q=tracking%20problems

@qqwe Here is a link to several threads discussing the issue you are having with the Track function.

Also check out the Litchi User Guide for more detailed information like this Warning about Track Mode:

Warning Because Litchi decodes the video, runs the algorithms to track the object and renders the video, all of this in real-time, a high performance mobile device is required. Be sure to close all background applications and screen recorders before using Track. Video lag will kill tracking.