Waypoint mission interrupted trying to run several different/simple missions I've run in the past

Waypoint Missions do NOT run when the drone is in C-Mode or S-Mode, only in N-Mode.

I’m running in normal mode.

Here is a quote from “vico” from another topic:

“vico” (post #7)

Topic:

Of course there are ideas.

I flew an autonomous mission this morning then completely quit Litchi on my iPhone, shut down my Air 2S and the controller. I also checked to make sure DJI Fly was not running. Started everything up again and reloaded the same mission. the drone took off, paused and I got this waypoint mission interrupted message. I tried repeating the whole operation several times, including loading different missions. None of them would run.

“Mission Interrupted - Flight mode was changed”

Here is a quote from “vico” from another topic:

“vico” (post #7)

Topic:

The error “The flight mode was changed” happens when for at least 3 seconds Litchi detected that the drone is no longer in JOYSTICK mode (shown in middle of top bar). In order to control the drone, it must be in JOYSTICK mode. Most likely Litchi switched it to JOYSTICK mode and the drone switched back to GPS or other, and did not stay in JOYSTICK for some reason.
It could be for example due to a no fly zone (check Geo Zone Map - Fly Safe - DJI 1), or the mobile device being very laggy, there may be other reasons too

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. Is there a fix ? The first 4 flights worked perfectly now nothing. I don’t know what to do. The app is now useless.

I use the IOS version of Litchi on an iPad Air to fly an Air 2S. When I turn the controller on, it automatically starts the FJI Fly app. I have to force close the DJI Fly app, then I usually wait 15-20 seconds before I start the Litchi app. I havent had any problems flying missions using that procedure.
There are likely other reasons mentioned here (Fly zone, Compass error, etc) that may cause the mission to fail, but make sure the DJI Fly app is closed before you start Litchi.

2 Likes

I have this problem too. Did you fixed it?

I’m flying the MINI SE and created a simple mapping mission with a short orbit at the end. Nothing complicated. I didn’t require LAANC where I was flying but I did have to get DJI approval through DJI Fly Safe. I did so the night before, arrived to the site the next day and imported the unlocked geozone data into the drone through the DJI app. Closed the DJI app and opened Litchi. I had the flight mode on Waypoint mode. I selected my mission, pressed play and the drone flew up to the altitude of the mission and stopped. Didn’t even fly to waypoint 1. I received the error message “mission interrupted due to flight mode change” but nothing was changed. So I landed, restarting the apps all over again. Same thing. So then I shut off the drone, controller and app. Rebooted everything again, same thing. Very frustrating. Litchi developers can you please help? I’m flying with a iPhone as well thanks

Mission - Mission Hub - Litchi

Did you make sure the controller was in Normal mode

1 Like

Good question. I can’t recall, but now I have a feeling that was the issue (and I really hope so because that’s a simple fix). I found Litchi’s specific instructions for the Mini 1 and the SE. I’m guessing I need to click on the Uplink tab and which to normal?

It sounds like you are doing all of this correctly.

A number of things can cause the “Flight Mode Changed” message including obstacle avoidance (which your Mini does not have). I would think that if you did not have your “Flight Mode” switch in the “Normal” position, that the drone would not even take off when you pressed the “Play” button. I normally don’t press that button until the drone is up in the air and near WP1.

I would have tried flying manually to WP1 just to make sure the DJI approval process successfully removed the geo-fencing.

The way to see exactly what triggered the “Flight Mode Changed” message is to look at your logs. If you use AirData, this is easy. You can export your log then upload to PhantomHelp’s flight log viewer. It will show the flight mode and what change triggered that message.

2 Likes

Thanks Wes! Very helpful insight. I took your advice on AirData and exported my flight log. It looks like I was in pilot mode after I pressed “play” to do the auto-takeoff for the mission, then the drone went to joystick, then back to pilot. The last pilot mode is when I landed it.

However, after checking a different WP mission, I see that the drone was Joystick mode during what was a successful mission. Is that the same as Normal in Litchi?

Yes, that is normal for a waypoint mission. Had you been in sport mode, Litchi would not have been able to switch to joystick mode.

Your other log shows that your drone momentarily lost connection.

Got it, good to know for the future. And yes, that’s 1 out of 5 of my logs from the failed WP mission. Here’s an example of the same mission with no connection lost:

Update: I flew a different WP mission. The drone remained in joystick mode for about 5 minutes and was close to completing the mission. At WP 55, the drone switched from Pilot-joystick to Pilot-GPS. From then on, I troubleshooted by switching modes, restarting equipment., etc. I continued to receive the “Flight mode changed” error message and could not complete the mission via WP mission mode. Had to fly the drone manually to complete it. I’m confused and don’t know the solution.

Mission Link - Mission Hub - Litchi

Excport the flight log CSV file from Air Data and upload it here:

Then, share the link here so we can take a look.

1 Like

Sure thing, link is below thanks!

Phantom Help Link: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com