Signal Loss with Litchi, but not DJI Fly

The Air 2s and Mavic Air 2, both allows waypoints under Hyperlapse mode with DJI Fly App.

That may be true but it has nothing to do with your issue.

1 Like

You might try flying the mission standing in another location close to the wavy points
to see if the signal strength improves and eliminates the zig-zag motion.
This is not a litchi issue, it is probably caused by a varying strength signal connection,
and reflections off building surfaces scrambling the signal a bit.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice, yes, they are good references.
Like I mentioned, with my previous Drone Air 2. I did not have any issues.
This only started immediately after receiving the Air 2S and my new 5Ghz mobile at the same time.
I strongly believe that the major differences are between 4Ghz and 5Ghz.
My old Mobile 4Ghz and my new Mobile 5Ghz.
Generally, the lower the frequency the farther a wireless signal can travel. Therefore, devices on a 5 GHz network will tend to have a shorter range than those using 2.4 GHz.

What do you mean by a 4GHz mobile and a 5GHz mobile? Are you possibly confusing the “G” in the terms “4G” and “5G” to mean “GHz”? The “G” in “4G” and “5G” stands for “Generation” as in “4th Generation” and “5th Generation”. There are many differences between 4G and 5G but transmitting/receiving at 4 GHz or 5 GHz is not one of them. Yes, they transmit and receive at different frequencies but 5G can be up near the 300 GHz range. Google “4G vs 5G” to see some of the differences.

If 5G mobile devices were to cause the connection problems you are experiencing, one would expect everyone flying with a modern phone to have the same issue. Most connection issues are related to objects blocking the path between the controller and the drone, incorrectly oriented antennas, or interference. But then, what do I know. I am one of those people “who don’t know how to advise or deal with this connection problem.”

3 Likes

Which model controller are you using for the Air 2 and what model for the Air 2S?

Yes, is true. Here in Malaysia, the Drone Services are complaining of bad feedback from customers.

The Controller are the same DJI RC-N1.
Unfortunately, I don’t have the AIR 2 anymore. I say, unfortunately, because AIR 2 was flawless regarding connectivity.

I have also experienced this issue. I fly once a month over a construction site near my home and no matter where I launched the drone from it would lose connection when it got half way round the perimeter. I believe however that I have managed to resolve that issue by modifying the flight altitude, flying at least 50 feet higher, and leaving above ground & above current unticked. It seems to have worked on the last two flights. ( Flying the Air 2S )

If that’s me your referring to Wes I do have the Air2S. And I believe I posted that I think I have resolved the issue by increasing the altitude and unticking both “Above Ground” and “Above Current”. The last two flights executed without issue. Currently out of Ireland at the moment but I’ll be testing again when I get back.

No. I was just letting Sam know that Octavio had an Air 2 (which didn’t have a connection problem) and an Air 2s (which did have a connection problem).

I can’t imagine how those settings would affect the signal strength. Those settings are only used in the Mission Hub when designing a mission.

1 Like

Thank you, yes, I did incresse the altitude in the flightpath and it seems to improve the signal.