Signal Loss with Litchi, but not DJI Fly

Hmmm! And I had the same issue. Is there a BUG in Litchi?

Litchi has NO influence on the signal quality between the drone and remote controller, neither does the DJI Fly/GO/GO4 app.

1 Like

Any idea what’s going on then?
Trying to fly wpt sequence, and it bombs within 200m every time, whereas normal flight using DJIfly and joystick has absolutely no problem.

Manual flying with DJI Fly & Litchi has a longer signal down time tollerance than flying a waypoint mission.

2 Likes

That makes some sense, but it renders wpt flights useless. I will seek a solution other than Litchi.

1 Like

It all comes down to DJI’s decision to use Virtual Stick Commands in their SDK for drones that use the DJI Fly app.

All 3rd party software developers have to use this SDK.

For more detailed information have a look over here:

2 Likes

From the initial fly with newly installed Litchi, signal lost appeared even if the Mini 2 was in one hand and the controller in the other. And it never stopped afterwards during flights regardless of the distance and height. It happens at every few seconds for a few seconds. None of those problems with DJI FLY

Drone: Air2s
Controller: RC Pro

I also have the Problem, that Litchi needs multiple starts before I can use it. Then it didnt connect with the drone. Since I have the App, I made no flight with it.

Here a short Screenrecord Video:

You have a connection problem because you did not force close the DJI Fly app.
The message to do so is displayed on your screenrecording:

and on the Litchi Website for DJI monitors:

1 Like

Most likely you have a connection problem (between the RC and phone), NOT a signal Loss problem.
Force close DJI Fly before running Litchi.

If your remote has 5 LEDs and the 5th LED is green, the RC is connected to the drone. If it is red or blinks red you lost signal.
If your remote has 4 LEDs and they don’t blink, the RC is connected to the drone.
Consult the User Manual of your drone.

Good day, my dear friends,
I too often find Connection issues Flying Waypoint Litchi missions.
On this IKON Flight path picture from Airdata, you will find that when the Drone is in certain areas the flight is not smooth. It’s full of zig-zags. It should be smooth; this is because it’s busy trying to find a connection if it takes too long! It just RTH automatically after 4 or 5 seconds of connection failure.
The other 2 pictures are the Litchi Hub picture and the aerial picture of the area.

You must position yourself so that you always have direct line-of-sight with the drone. Any obstruction between the controller and the drone will block the signal. The area shown does not look large enough to result in signal problems.

I find that there are too many people who don’t know how to advise or deal with this connection problem.
My mission is well-planned and always in direct line-of-sight.
I have about 20 successful IKON mission flight in 9 months of which about 5 was unsuccessful because of connection issues.
I have noticed that on more windy days, the issue is more noticeable when the Drone is trying harder to find the correct coordinates.
I only mentioned, hoping that Litchi would rectify the problem.

1. Do other Airdata flight paths show the same ‘zig-zags’ in those areas? That would be interesting to find out about those unsuccessful missions.
  2. Have you or anyone else flown that same area using a different drone?

YES, THANK YOU FOR ASKING. AS A MATTER OF FACT! I USED TO FLY THE SAME PATH WITH MAVIC AIR 2, WITH NO ISSUE, BUT WHEN I CHANGED TO AIR 2S AND ALSO CHANGED MY ANDROID TO A BETTER NITS, I STARTED TO FIND THESE ISSUES.

Mavic Air: Onboard waypoints
Air 2S: VSC

Same SDK from DJI for both, but different ‘flight control’ technology.
Distance doesnt seem to be an issue.
I and others have experienced random and unexplained problems with the Air 2S on waypoint missions. I know @Jerbear has at a construction site near him.
No specific answers here, just observations.

1 Like

While this is true, I think he said that he has the Air 2. The Air 2 uses DJI Fly and does not have on-board waypoints.

My mistake … you’re right

The Air 2s and Mavic Air 2, both allows waypoints under Hyperlapse mode with DJI Fly App.

That may be true but it has nothing to do with your issue.

1 Like