Saving panoramas in separate sdcard folders

When using the panorama function, the dji app saves individual photos in separate folders. this makes it easier to find them. while litchi saves them directly in the main folder together with the individual photos and it is not easy to identify which ones they are.

Unfortunately it is not possible for us to create folders on the drone sdcard. We have asked DJI to let us do that using the SDK and hopefully they will enable it in a future SDK update

3 Likes

Sin. Thanks for the reply!

What if there were extra subfolders already there, say, for example PANO1, PANO2, PANO3, PANO4. If detected as present, first pano goes into PANO1, 2nd into PANO2, 3rd into PANO3, 4th into PANO4, otherwise they go into the regular folder. Puts some work and planning on the user, however also worth it to save time post flight moving files around.

We can’t create folders and we can’t specify where to save the photo. It is all handled automatically by the DJI camera firmware. We did ask DJI to let us create folders etc but so far nothing

4 Likes

No worries, thks, ironic that DJI puts their own pano’s in seperate folders under a panorama folder, at least for some aircraft models.

An alternative to saving them in a separate folder would be to:

1. Allow naming the panorama
  2. Prefix the image filename with the panorama name when saving

Possible?

2 Likes

Another thought, create a black image before and after?

1 Like

And, or, an image that simply says “Litchi Pano Start” … “Litchi Pano End”. For now I manually do a marker image or 1 sec video clip. That brings up the idea of adding a waypoint action “Insert Marker” that is just a image that says “Litchi or something”.

For example,

wpt1
Insert Marker
wait for 4s
take photo
wait for 4s
take spherical (wishfull thinking)
wait for 4s
start recording
wait for 2s

wp2
stop recording
wait for 4s
take photo
wait for 4s
start recording
wait for 2s

wpt8
stop recording
wait for 4s
take photo
wait for 4s
insert marker

I second the request for a pano start and finish marker photo! That would make sorting through panos in post a lot easier!

2 Likes

How about automaticaly recording a 1sec video before and after the panorama?
Thats what i do manually, if i don’t forget it

1 Like

If you want to have easier work with panorama files, try to find some image viewer with functionality to show GPS coordinates in the file list. For example Zoner Photo Studio can show GPS latitude and longtitude in detailed file list. All images of single panorama is with the same GPS latitude and GPS longtitude. So this helps me a lot to select all files from single one panorama.