Return to home once moved off

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to update rth once you have moved off…i know how to use funtion and what the parameters do etc but i just cannot find out what to do to update rth when i need to reset it.

please advise.
regards Neil

In settings, under Aircraft you can choose to activate DYNAMIC HOMEPOINT which Updates your Home Point location continually as you change location. This is often used with Follow Mode which @paxxa mentions at times. When your Home Point is updated, then your RTH is also updated as it will now return to the newest Home Point location available.

Hi Steve thanks for the info,would i get a message saying updated home point and also would i have to be stationary for the homepoint to be made (so basically i have to stop where i am to create the rth ?)

Usually there is a notification telling you when the Home Point is updated. I don’t think you have to stop what you are doing for this to work because @paxxa has used the Follow Mode with his car and there were no issues. Also there are plenty of videos showing Follow Mode and the videos are smooth with people running or riding a bike, so the Home Point keeps updating while you move, so no need to stop for it to work.

Have you got a link please…i could not find it on here or youtube?
regards Neil

Hello @Neil_P, Here is the link to the Follow Mode section of the User Guide, and it has everything you will need to know to use this function. Most of the questions that you will likely have can be answered by fully reading the User Guide. Know your SETTINGS and User Guide before attempting anything unfamiliar to you. Help - Litchi

1 Like

This can also be done manually by dragging the “home” point on the screen. I find it convenient to use the dynamic point home.

1 Like

Hi Steve

sorry mate i cannot find the link
regards Neil

Thanks for the info
regards Neil

I think you underestimate the “dynamic point home” setting. It is also useful for autonomous missions, such as a distance of 2-4km. I just start the mission and go to where the last point is. The drone does not need a large battery to return back.

Neil, since you are already at the home site, just look for User Guide instead of Forum on the Home Page and scroll down until you see the various options available with Litchi. You will see “General”, “FPV”, “Waypoint” and so on, so just look for the category you want to look at most and click on the topic.

1 Like