Important missing features in Litchi

Hi all, dear developers,

just imagine, there is no DJI Fly and only Litchi is running. Then you will miss several things. I made a little spreadsheet and compared Litchi and its options to the other apps on the market.

As you see, there is no application, which fits all.

Personally for me the worst thing is, that Litchi is 64-bit, so all my older hardware can not be used!

Most important, if you have no DJI Fly, you can not register your drone! So without DJI Fly, your drone will never fly.

Second important thing (IMHO), missing in Litchi is IMU-Calibration. This can be done with DJI Fly and Rainbow, but NOT with Litchi (as far as I explored).

What to tell, just look at my spreadsheet. It is originally an librfeoffice-calc file I converted it into JPG, so everyone can read it. If someone wants the original, just drop me a note.

Best regards

Hans

The last 2 versions of Litchi for Android are made compatible with Android 5 & 32bit hardware again.
v4.21.0 (Jan 31, 2022) & v4.21.10 (Feb 2, 2022)
They run on among others the Nvidia Shield K1, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and DJI Crystal Sky.

1 Like

Unfortunately I do not think DJI allows SDK apps to do that first flight activation.

Great! Thank you very much! I just tested it and it could be installed on my old tablet! 32-bit is really appreciated. Happy, I bought it and, and now it can be used on all my old hardware.

So happy now with Litchi!

Thank you very much for adding this feature!

Best regards

Hans

1 Like

Hmm, why shouldn’t they? There are no disadvantages for them, espcially as DJI Fly costs nothing. They earn money with the selling of drones, not with its software. So they should be glad if someone is buying their hardware regardless which software the cusutomer is using. Even more: The more alien software is used, the less they need to improve their own software (what saves money for DJI, too).

Best regards

Hans

What I think, the most important features (and please stay in mind, that you do not have DJI Fly available!), are:

1. IMU configuration (maybe you call it else. Itis the feature, where you calibrate the magnetic sensors and have to put the drones into 5 different positions like sideward (2 x), upward (1x) and normal (1x), I guess you know, what I mean.

2. Of course, register drone (we talked about that before).

3. Gimbal calibration (this can be also done with a python script).

The other things are more nice cosmetics. For example “Gimbal calibration”.
This one is not only horizontal and vertical calibration, which (as far as I know, does the firmware), but also another point. I do not know if this is implemented, so let me short describe, what I mean:

When you are flying with wind from aside, it is possible, to correct the horizon manually (as the drone believes, it is flying horizontal).

The bad thing is, when you fly back, you have to correct it again, as the wind is blowing now from the other side. However, nice feature…

Thanks for the 32-Bit, I updated my spreadsheet to it.

Best

Hans

1 Like