Autonomous Missions not possible on DJI MA2

Even the plastic shows that air 1 is much more expensive.

Im not seeing it. Anyway, I don’t think this exchange is going anywhere. Thanks for your opinion.

I suspect that the reasons for the lack of autonomous waypoints lies elsewhere.

Then share your opinion, why is air 2 better than air1?

Wait, what?

Im asking why DJI has made a decision not to include AW in its latest drones. You claimed to have factual knowledge as to why. I asked you to support this contention. You haven’t.

Now we’re going to veer into another topic with a strawman?

Because they made drones cheaper. Air 2 costs $1,000. As well as air 1. Only after 5 years.

You do not notice the obvious things, so what to talk to you about. Write to dji support with your complaints, I will laugh when they answer you.

I think we don’t share the same definition of the word “fact”.

Thanks for offering your opinion.

I, too, bought Mavic Air 2 thinking it would support Autonomous Waypoints because the Mavic Air did. So I went a bought a Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom camera) and it works.
As far as why they did this…it seems to me that their marketing team is on a mission to expand their product line and push this feature into the enterprise category. Now you have to buy up to the Matrice to get AW. Even Mavic 3 doesn’t have AW. I wouldn’t be surprised if FAA guidelines of flying VLOS influenced this decision.
I still have issues with the M2E making somewhat jerky yaw turns in flight; supposedly this is a know “defect” with all M2’s that DJI will not fix. Orbits are mostly okay. It’s just that with AW’s I now have to fly straight lines as I pass a POI because the video footage during turns is pretty bad/jerky. And FPV video during a turn is jerky. (auto heading toward next W)
The Mavic Air was so smooth I got spoiled.

I was stunned to read that the Mavic Pro 2 and Mavic 2 Zoom, and Mavic 2 are all capable of flying Litchi waypoint missions beyond RC signal range meaning WITHOUT that infernal “virtual sticks” contraption.

Are you absolutely certain that the three models in boldface above are capable of completing fully autonomous Litchi waypoint missions that extend out beyond RC signal range?

Until I read this post of yours, my assumption had been that the Mavic Pro1, Mavic Air1, and Phantom 4 models were the last of DJI’s lineup that stored Litchi waypoints on board and did not depend on virtual sticks. Given that every single Litchi mission that my drones fly ranges well beyond RC signal reach, this revelation you have shared is literally earth-shaking from my perspective.

Can you please affirm that your post on this subject doesn’t contain any typos or factual errors?

Confirmed, they both are flown with the DJI Go 4 app.

1 Like

Wow. This reply is appreciated Tribar. I plan to buy a Mavic 2 Pro Zoom or Mavic 2 Pro at some point when prices have dropped a bit further into my affordable range, with the intention of immediately dismantling most of DJI’s NFZ shackles using good old NLD. That true 27-minute battery life caught my eye, as do the rave reviews about the camera on this drone.

Just when I thought my drone buying days were over, I stumbled on another diamond in the rough.

The Mavic 2 Pro drone is the one you want for fully autonomous flights
even when it becomes completely disconnected from the controller.

However, don’t believe that you will actually fly for the mythological 27 minutes flight time,
even on a fully pumped up battery.

The longest flight that I have achieved so far is 18 minutes, with the drone
telling me that it wants to land immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ighnP1sVfOY

Archer, it is surprising to hear that a Mavic 2 Pro whose “official” flight battery duration is listed as 31 minutes, only stays aloft with sufficient battery power for a meager 18 minutes, in your experience.

My Mavic1 Pro and Pro Platinum routinely fly for 22 minutes on 6-mile Litchi waypoint round trips, and their battery life is quoted as 27 minutes. I always fly them at the Litchi cruise speed of 17.9 mph though, and never use sport mode. By that yardstick, I would have expected a Mavic 2 Pro to be capable of flights lasting up to 25 or 26 minutes at the very least.

Could it be that your flying entails a lot of sport mode bursts of speed, or that perhaps the batteries for your Mavic 2 Pro have racked up a considerable number of charge cycles whereby their charge capacity is beginning to attenuate? A flight time of 18 minutes just strikes me as a tad too short for your Mavic 2 Pro.